1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where do you run your wiring?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dieselboy, Nov 27, 2007.

1. dieselboy

dieselboy Member

Anyone know of a plug in the firewall to run plow and sander wiring through? or am i going to be drilling? its a 2001 super duty diesel

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

i found a groumet on the firewall left of the steering colum (SP) on my 2004.
  3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

driver side next too the IDM on Deisel's there a gommet use that whatever you do use a gromment then run it right under the access panel on driver side and right there are finger tips
  4. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

yep same on my 02 f250.

KINNCO Senior Member

In my 02 F-250 under brake booster, I took the grommet out to drill out the center, I also sliced it to the center just in case I need to run more. I used clear silicone on the outside and put the foam but inside.:nod:
  6. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Not sure if the new style trucks have this but my 96 has a cap that is held in with 2 bolts, it's where the clutch pedal would be if you had stick but I have auto so its just a block off plate. I took it out, drilled a few holes in it and caped the ones I didn't use, kinda handy because I've run wiring for an amp, plow wiring and gauge wiring all through it. Plus it keeps it neater.
  7. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Yea KC that is what Killer is describing. IT just snaps in place on the Superduties.
  8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

On the passenger side of the firewall there is 2 large grommets. Use either one of them. It is just below the glovebox.