1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where do you get your weather?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by bobcat s-160, Dec 4, 2011.

1. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI

Where do you get your 10-15 day outlook? I've tried Accuweather, but it seems to suck pretty bad.

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Accuwrong predicts weather 15 days just to say they did it. Truth is they can't predict the weather that already happened.
    NOAA is good too, I've never used weather bug so I don't know about them.
    Weather.com is ok I guess but I can't navigate their website anymore so good luck!
    Then they're other sites like weather underground.
    My local news station usually has the best besides Xpress.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Atmosphere. AKA "The sky"

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I listen to our 3 idiot weather guys, what ever they say I do the opposite of them!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  5. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Mother Nature!

6. grandview

What's her twitter account?:D

7. Pushin 2 Please

I can't tell. She has to find you!

8. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

weather underground! mixed with the tv boneheads and a good guess....never hurts to throw in the moon cycles!

9. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

National weather service seems to be the best for me.

The TV forecasters are big on drama but I watch them too. When there is a big storm coming I drive my wife crazy with weather info coming from TV, the computer and the NWS broadcast all at the same time.

10. grandview

Did you know grocery stores sponsor the weather on the news to get people running to stock up?

11. Pushin 2 Please

I heard the diary farmers pay off the news reporters!

12. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Our small town grocery store gets cleaned out when a storm is coming.

13. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

What's a DIARY farmer?

14. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

I get mine from Express here on Plowsite. (He's a huge asset to us SE Michigan guys)

15. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

my gas stations get drained too. Have to have those suv's filled to sit in the garage:dizzy:

16. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

Thanks for the link SnowPlowLady.

That is a nice radar loop link. Just need to click in the map the covers your area, bookmark that page, and then added the link to my onscreen. Fast, easy, detailed radar maps.

17. FisheRam

FisheRam Member

Local news seems to be the best for my area. I actually like Matt Noyes on NECN too. The local radar works the best right before and during the storm though.

18. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

Ill throw this out there in case any of you have missed the networking section.

Here in SE Michigan we have a thread going that is very helpful with weather watching.

I get called in as a sub now whenever anything is needed, but I used to wake up every morning at 4am, look out the window, then check our local thread.

Snow totals can vary with just a few miles. If nobody from my area has posted yet, and we have something notable, I post the conditions I see, and look for posts from guys who are in the areas I service. It had saved me ten fold. Both in saving wasted trips down to the area I service when nothing is needed, and also when I looked outside, thought I was good, only to find out my service area needed attention.

If there isn't already a thread from your area, start a new one. You will be surprised how many of your "neighbors" are on this site.

19. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Lately I just ask my 5 year old daughter....she's just as good as the local goons.