1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where do you find snow fall totals???

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by EGLC, Dec 20, 2009.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Can someone post a link to where you can find snow fall totals by zip code/city???

2. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Go to the National weather Service web site, type in your zip code, click on public info statement under current conditions.

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

its only showing me total snowfall for some larger towns near me..............

4. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

Try weatherunderground.com They seem to have more spottig locations, but I dont know if they have totals anywhere.

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Yah w.u.g had more locations, but not all the ones I needed. Its a PITA when you tell people X amount of dollars per 3" and you're trying to figure out exactly how much snow you got.

6. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

7. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

8. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

Thats what I use to weather.gov same thing. I pick the nearest city and use those totals, generally they are the same, but in some instances you need to use the old ruler really fast and measure it. I generally take a picture incorporating some aspect of the property that is recognizable just for proof if needed. always make sure you do that in at least 3 locations on the property they dont need to be far away like 20-50 feet apart is ok, but you there are those low areas and drifting areas that should be accounted for. But as long as you have numbers close together snap the pic on the last one and push away.

9. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

We use weatherworks it costs around 250.00 for a year.But they give you a print out with the zip codes you give them.Gives you inches and what and how the storm was snow ice rain etc.

10. americanlawn

americanlawn Junior Member
    from Midwest

We use local TV stations. Many have snowfall amounts as well as a weather almanac where you can pull up wether records for each day for the past year. Example -- http://www.kcci.com

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

hmmm $250.00 doesnt sound bad at all if they give you all that

12. AA+ Landscaping

They are based out of Hackettstown NJ, but they cover a wide area. Their web site is www.weatherworksinc.com. I have attached a report that I send to my per inch customers along with their bill.

scan0003.jpg

13. AA+ Landscaping

You also get the report in 24hrs from strom ending.