1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where do these wires go?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Scottscape, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Installing a straight blade wiring. Looked on in the intruction manual and it doesn't show where the two fuse holder's 4 wires go. There are two fuse holders. One has two red wires with a black wire aside them coming out of the plastic covering and the other just has two wires going into the relay. Where does the one with the black wire and the red wires go and where does the one with just the two red wires go.

Thanks in advance for you help!

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

The red goes on the positive on the battery and the black goes on the negitive. Just went outside and looked. Mounting it on a Chev I see

3. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I remember doing this and the diagram didn't show either... I'd recommend using these aftermarket battery lugs to go in place of the oem so you don't have to sneak connections under the terminal. Easier to add accessories & less chance of battery connection issues. They are usually brass or gold. Available at most chain auto stores.

lug.JPG

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  4. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Thanks. Where does the 2nd red go with the fuse holder? The one without the black coming out of the corrugated plastic with it.

5. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I won't be near my truck till tomorrow. I can't say with confidence until I look at it and get back to you. I am going to assume the + battery terminal. Unless you're talking about the Red/White stripe wire that comes out of the plastic wire looming near the joystick controller end. This Red/White stripe wire goes to feed hot with key on only connection.

6. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Figured it out w/ test light. Man that was tricky! Hiniker needs to fix there wiring diagram. The problem I was having was one of the wires that had a fuse holder was an extra relay kit for the new fords light system. The two reds went to the hot on battery and the black went to the ground on battery. Reason I wasn't getting power was the "s" wire that went to the fuse box only had 1 fuse in it. Well apparently it needed two

7. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Hmmm. Maybe they have different harnesses or changed over the years. I didn't have that one. Glad you have it figured out. Yes, their directions are a little vague and could use improvement. I shot some photos of my relay wires and battery anyway.

I have more wires for other things but...
    The - battery post has the 1 eyelet with 3 black wires crimped from the harness.
    The + battery post has the 1 red wire going to it.

:waving:

DSC03258.jpg

DSC03260.jpg

DSC03262.jpg