1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where do I hook up power?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wanasrx, Nov 17, 2007.

1. wanasrx

wanasrx Junior Member
    from NY

I need to hook up to a 20 amp power source on my 98 Chevy k1500. Does anyone know know where to do this? It has to be power when the key is on, not directly to the battery.
    Thank you in advance.
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

on the driver side of the dash board i believe their is a removable plastic panel for the dash fuses use a fuse tap on the appriote fuse and away you go .test it with a test lite to get the cold side of the fuse with the key off .
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What are you powering that you need 20 amps?

I wouldn't pull an additional 20 amps off a fuse/circuit that's already being used.
    A much better and safer solution is to use a relay to supply your 20 amps off the buss bar on the under hood fuse panel, and then tap into a fuse in the dash fuse panel with a fuse tap to trip the relay....you can use the fuse marked "ACC IG" to trip the relay.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2007