1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where do I get a poly edge for my boss

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Duncan IN, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Duncan IN

Duncan IN Member

I am needing a poly edge for my 8'2" Boss V Plow. For you guys that run this exact plow, what would be the average price for an edge. I also was wondering what thinkness I need to have. Do they make thinker than an inch?

bossscoop6.jpg

2. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Here is a pic of my 9'2" with a u edge.
    They now make a U center shoe for Boss V.
    Mine is a 1.5"x8" MPT with 3" overhaning the end of the blade.

2003 ram wplow 1(2).jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2002
  3. NPC2002

NPC2002 Junior Member

Nice rig, hows that Hemi?

4. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Check with plowking35.
    I believe he(they?) sell them

Dan

5. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I love the Hemi, all kinds of power!

6. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Bruce Barger, (plowjockey) is the rep in your area. He is in Ohio, and can get them for you . I have bought 10-12 edges from him now, and you will really appreciate them.

I would not remount the old edge though over the poly, it tends to still catch the grass and other things that it always did, and negates the advantages of having the poly. We suggest either large washers or a small 2" wide piece of flat stock.

7. PINEISLAND1

A couple of ours...

polyplowsite.jpg

8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

Somebody better start making them in black or red because that yellow looks like a circus wagon. No personal attack here on ones equipment, just that those edges look ridiculous. I'm all for performance and not looks, but there is a limit! :)

9. PINEISLAND1

Looks are ok, but performance is key.

I used to worry about looks, and I hope all the other contractors in my town continue to worry about looks.:)

10. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Nice trucks! Hows that 4 door Dodge to handle?

11. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

When it snows color doesnt matter. When you hit a manhole at 20 mph, color doesnt matter. Call Bruce he is a swell guy. That edge with a center piece should run around 350.00 with shipping.
    Dino

12. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Duncan

Give me a call anytime 937-545-1627. We have a new center shoe for that plow that will also satisfy your needs.

Bruce

13. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

The 4 door long bed handles great, havent got to plow yet (did salt once)but carrys the equipment nice. I had a shortbed Quadcab last year so this is longer and turns a little wider than I was used too.

Color was a concern when I bought it, but after the first snowfall, I realized it wasnt important. Infact the color shows that thereis something different about my blade than others, so people ask me about it. It sells the service at times.

14. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

On the color issue I personally like the edge being bright yellow. It draws attention to the edge as a danger zone much the same way there is yellow striping along the edge of a loading dock. Also it draws attention of consumers who may stop you to ask about the edge and then come away as a customer when they hear about the attributes of urethane in the lower damage to their properties when plowed with it.
    Bruce

15. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

This is what I like to hear. Some good ideas about what these edges can offer up. It would be a good selling point over the competition as far as less damage and possibly better cleaning.

Since were sorta on the subject. I have an 8'2" Poly V Boss and the thing cleans like crap to be quite honest. It was new last year. We had 5 plowable events last year and 2 so far this year. There really isn't alot of time on the blade. It just doesn't do a clean job as far as I'm concerned. I have the shoes off the plow, except the center shoe. When the blade is straight, neither end is touching the ground, so it doesn't scrape clean. The center shoe is not holding it up either. I haven't looked in great detail but is there a way of adjusting the scraping edge somehow? Are the bolt holes slotted at all that hold the edge on so I could possibly adjust them or not? I also wouldn't mind getting a price on the poly edges and poly center shoe. Is there more than one manufacturer for those and is there one that makes a better one than perhaps someone else? I don't want to by a knockoff brand or anything like that. If you guys think they're worth getting I would spend the coin for it. :confused:

Any thoughts or suggestions?

16. MGardner

MGardner Senior Member

My U- Edge is in as of late this afternoon. I`m exited about mounting it up and was glad to see a few pics of U-edges already bolted up. I want to go with a peice of flat steel verses my steel edge. Soon as I find out what thickness and width of flat steel to use I`ll be heading to town. I run plow wings , will it be a problem? Yellow on an orange Curtis and I think it`s fantastic. It goes without saying, suggestions or good pics of installation will be appreciated.:waving:

17. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Randy,
    Doesnt sound like the a frame of the blade sits level to the ground. If it is tipped from level it wont touch all the way accrosst the blade. Does it touch all the way across when it is straight?

18. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Is a boss V adjusted properly if in the V position the front edge & hoof are sitting slightly off the pavement with the outside edges ron the pavement - but in the straight or scoop all of the steel is contact with the pavement?

19. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Lawn Lad
    Mine has never been in perfect contact in all angles.... but your situation sounds preferable to having the center touch before the edges. With the center up in the V position it should make the blade easier to attach.

20. BOSS 444

BOSS 444 Member
    from In.

ceaman,

I live just north of you a bit. Would It be possible to look @ the U edge some time? Did you run it last year?

Thanks Boss