1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where do I find a light rack or ????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mjmstaff, Jan 31, 2004.

1. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

Not sure if that's what you call it. I have seen some mini light bars mounted on these bars just behind the cab. Kind of look like the start of a ladder rack. I just bought a 6 strobe light bar and I would like to mount it on this. I have seen a few guys on this site have them on htere truck. I am sure this is something I can make but I would buy one if I could find it. Can anyone point me in a direction?

2. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Go to www.performanceproducts.com

Depending on what bar you bought you can also get its dedicated mount for your roof, Galls.com has that.

Be sure to aim the lightbar once it's installed.

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Try ebay. They always have stuff like that.:)

4. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

mjmstaff
    I think the style of rear rack you are talking about is The Back Rack (actual name). There are a few sites out there that sell them. I bought one a while ago, have since modified it and I'm waiting to sandblast and paint it before I install it.

Ryan

5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

6. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

Superduty, that's an awesome truck!:drinkup:

Blake
    WA

7. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

light bar

I also have the backrack. This thing is built so well. I mounted two smaller magnet mount strobes on the top bar. and also put on 2 Hella 7" round lights for backing up, and when I load the truck.Very happy with it.

8. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Mike it is called a back rack,if you can find a great deal I will take one too. Last time I looked they were about 225.00-250.00

Mike

9. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Second the Back Rack. I have one and it is great for mounting lights etc. The city has them for all their trucks as well as the power company. Wish I would of thought of it...payup

10. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

thanks accipiter 12, took more pics, this time in some light. Now i need to get some when i am plowing. :D :D

11. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

this is the rack that I built for my truck. $75.00 in steel and like two hours to cut, bend, weld, and paint in my garage.

dsc02295.jpg

12. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

here is another shot

dsc02296.jpg

13. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

FlyKelly, I bought one this afternoon for $40.00 and it already had a stobe. I bought it from a guy in Canton. He says he gets about 2 a years on his company trucks and he takes them off. He has my # so when and if he calls I will get in touch with you.

Mike

14. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

That sounds good Mike.

Regards Mike

15. blam133

blam133 Junior Member

16. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

Blam133, Thanks, I just ordered one and it should be here Friday. Thanks