1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where do i connect the red black wire positive fused ignition source wire

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by dbcontracting, Dec 29, 2012.

1. dbcontracting

dbcontracting Junior Member

Hello All,

i have the rt3 Boss plow and i am trying to figure out where to splice or place it in the fuse box. i have a 2003 ford excursion 6.0 diesel. Honestly this is a little confusing because even in Boss's tech section it says there is a blue/white wire that i need to connect to. There actually is no such wire.

The original owner took a wire that has a "fused like end" and must have installed in in place of a fuse which he attached to the black/red.

If That can be done which fuse hole could i put it in.

Thankyou for your helpThumbs Up

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Is there a inline fuse on that red/black wire? If not add one. You can get one at autozone or napa. Put a 15 amp fuse in the holder. Then just connect that wire to any keyed ignition source. Like the heater, or something along those lines. Make sense?
  3. dbcontracting

dbcontracting Junior Member

yes that does. thanks
  4. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I'm not much of a Ford guy, but my buddies who have the Ford/Boss combo have it spliced into the windshield wiper fuse.