1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where do all the used parts go?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by mjg, Feb 18, 2009.

1. mjg

mjg Junior Member

I am purchasing a used plow to mount on my 07 f150. The mounting bracket that i need 99100642 isn't made any more, and i cant seem to find one. I will have a mount from the other vehicle that I may be able to modify, but with all the truck and plow swapping going on this stuff must be out there some where. Any ideas.

2. Snake

Snake Junior Member
    from iowa

Im sure you've tried, but have you tried talkin to sno way? I know we've had a few people come in with some antique sno way plows, and was lucky enough to find mounts direct from sno way. Of course, all these trucks were chevy's.. ive never inquired about a ford mount.

3. mjg

mjg Junior Member

I talked to the nearest dealer, and they didnt have any answers for me on new or used.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Youcould convert to the newer system, mounts are available for those.

5. Snake

Snake Junior Member
    from iowa

I have to call Sno Way in the am tomorrow, ill try to ask them about the mount you need..

6. mjg

mjg Junior Member

Because its an ST, not an MT, they told me the conversion would'nt work. I was just hopeing someone here might know of one.

7. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

this stuff must be out there some where. Any ideas.[/QUOTE] Try India or China. Sitting on a pile there waiting for better times.

8. Snake

Snake Junior Member
    from iowa

Im sure you can find one, like i said ill ask them tomorrow while im on the horn with them for ya, and post it up if you'd like. If they dont have one, Tom usually has a good idea of what dealers have what layin around, altho he's on vacation this week, maybe once he returns, he could locate one for you, if there isnt any in stock

9. mjg

mjg Junior Member

thanks a lot for your help ill check back tomorrow

10. Snake

Snake Junior Member
    from iowa

Not a problem.... Feel free to ask with any questions!

Sport Truck Specialties
    Davenport Iowa
    563-391-1077

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Did you call the shop yesterday and talk to Kim? That's not enough plow for that truck. The dealer network doesn't show any sitting around in inventory. You are not the first request for one of these mounts I've had this season. Maybe Brew or one of the other DSMs know of some not on the list but I doubt it has I have looked.

12. mjg

mjg Junior Member

I know the plow is a little small, but I am only doing my own driveway. I did'nt think it would be such a problem to find a mount. The mount that came with it is for a 2001 Nissan Frontier. maybe I would be better off to sell this one to some one that has this plow truck, and pick up something else. Is there a classified section on this site? The plow is in great shape. An ST model with DP option. snow foil, wireless remote and everything needed to mount on a 2001-20?? Nissan Frontier.

13. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You should be able to post in the "for sale/wanted forum"
    Try craigslist or ebay too..

14. mjg

mjg Junior Member

Thanks, I will try it

15. mjg

mjg Junior Member

OK so maybe I will keep this plow. I still need to come up with a mount. Does anyone have specs for the mount I need (07 F150), or pics, or maybe even a mount from another brand plow that I could then modify using the nose piece that I have. The mount I have fits an 01 Nissan Frontier, and is not even close.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Maurice