1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where did you put your power supply?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by gtstang462002, Jan 2, 2011.

1. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

I am trying to get mounting ideas for placement of the stobe power supply. I currently have mine hanging under my instrument cluster but am not crazy about that location. I have a 2011 super duty for anyone that can throw out some ideas.

Thanks

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Mount it under the rear seat, or drivers seat. They need to stay dry and have good place to stay cool. When I had my 02 I had a box I made for my siren, and switch box and I mounted the power supply in there.

3. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Here is where I mounted mine in my F350.

[​IMG]

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Very nice!

5. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Thank's that was taken on my Memorial weekend cleaning spree.:D

6. gtstang462002

I like the center console idea, though I don't think my all of my cables are long enough to reach. I am considering under the seat, though I am not sure of that with the air conditioned seats there seems to be limited space for these types of things. I am wondering if there is anything under the 4 cup holders that are in the center console.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

You can add onto the cable. Just go and get 1 or 2 cables and cut them to right length. Use the little metal pins to add onto the length. Then just heat shrink each one individually so they don't arch.

8. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Thank's that is the only place I could think of in my truck to keep it 100% dry. The rear cables on mine are 30ft in the rear with lots of slack and the fronts are 15ft with almost no slack in them. The power supply is also held in place with velcro so if I need to remove it easily I can.

9. gtstang462002

Wow, my 30' cables for the rear are my short ones that just made it inside the truck. I have an 8' bed crew cab though.

10. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

I only have a short box crew cab.

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I installed THESE. A bit more pricey but there is no box as the power supply is in-line, Wire straight to a powered switch and you're done. :D

I bought the HERE.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  12. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Mounted my power supply and 2 flashers under the rear seat on the drivers side. 06 f350 extended cab.

13. eskimoplower

eskimoplower Junior Member

Engine compartment

In our '95 Dodge 1500, I mounted my Sound Off Signal 2 head 25 watt supply on the driver's side wheel hump. It's fully water(weather) proof and taped up all connectors. One storm so far with more tomorrow (we hope), and no problems. It's right next to the battery and power distribution block, so all wires are as short as possible, and with a switch on the dash, it's a neat install.

14. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i always mount my strobe boxes under the passenger front seat.