1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where did you mount your controller?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by ghlkal, Jan 13, 2009.

1. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

I have the hand held controller (not the joystick) and I’m looking for ideas … right now it’s mounted in my hand :) and I’d like a better place. Thought I would see what other folks have done … I have a wired remote (not wireless) but I doubt that makes a difference.

Thanks

2. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

Ghlkal,

I am thinking about making a " stand" for mine out of wood that will slide under the arm rest and prop the controller at an angle just in front of the cup holders in the armrest. Its kind of hard to visualize, so when I get it done ill post some pics.

Tom

3. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

4. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

Tom, that looks great. :salute: I like the idea of having it angled.

What controller is that?

5. jjcc246

jjcc246 Junior Member

i made something similiar, used it on 4 trucks now. mine is a flat piece if wood attached to a rounded block that fits right into the cupholder of the armrest. works perfect. i just plug and unplug the controller from under the dash when i take the plow off.

6. larry newman

larry newman Member

Get some velcro - the "industrial" that the Home Depot sells works well. Put the fuzzy side on the dash, or console, or wherever you mount it, and the toothed side on the back of the controller.

If you steer with your left hand, mount the controller near the shift lever so's your right hand can use it between shifts. The velcro will allow an angled mounting to fit your fingers perfectly.

7. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

Thanks for the feedback so far …

I was hoping that some of you would have an “unusual” or “innovative” mounting location. For example, I was thinking about mounting my controller to the left of the steering wheel.

Any pictures would be great too … :salute:

8. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

I went back and forth on the left side or right thing. I ended up putting mine on the right next to the shifter, works pretty good. Sometimes I find myself shifting with my left hand while running the blade with my left. I thought about moving it over, but I think when I shift with my left I'm trying to go to fast. Mabe if you could figure out a way to run it with your left foot lol.