1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where did you guys mount your handheld controller?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LINY Rob, Nov 29, 2004.

1. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I mounted mine on the left on the fuse panel box because I didnt want to drill into the dash, its fine getting in and out but a larger person might hit thier knee on it if not carefull, I will unplug it when not in use anyhow.

Guess it doesnt stick out any further then the switches on old Meyer set up in my Jeep

I always used my left hand for plow operation and right hand for shifter and steering.

so where do you guys have it mounted?

F-250 SD by the way, with Western's handheld.

2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Drivers door.

plow control door.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I made a aluminum bracket that slides into the window frame and holds my boss joystick

4. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Hey Dwan.....I Like it.... :waving:

Wonder how to get mine like that???

I got the Boss handheld.

5. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I like the boss but dont like the controls as well as the Meyer stick.

I put velcro on the door to hold it in place and ran the wire through the vent latch. ( which you may not have). it stays in place but I am not sure I like it yet. I have done a aluminum bracket for the Boss stick but that interferies with my vent window, guess I am just going to have to brake down and buy a new truck so I dont have a vent window in the way.

Boss hand control.gif

6. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Ha! Ha! I like the new truck idea too... :drinkup:

7. computerguy

computerguy Member

SnoWay Wireless remote

I mount mine wherever the mood strikes me. I can go lefty, righty, or take it outside to put the plow on. SnoWay wireless remote. Simply love it. Just make sure to have an extra set of batteries :nod:

8. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

Dwan's location looks good, problem is mine looks like this

guess I can always move it if it seems in the way
    [​IMG]

9. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

So cool

Dawn,

That is just too cool.

Glen

10. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Rob, I have a Fishstick (same basic comtroller as yours). I made a piece of 180 bend in a piece of flat stock which slides over the side of one of my cup holders the controller bracket bolts to this. Either that or I just sling it over the steering column. I can honestly say at this point I wouldn't pay the extra $ for a Fishstick if I were buying a new plow.

11. Razorman

Razorman Senior Member

Here's where I put mine for now

HPIM0178 plow switch.JPG

12. intlco

intlco Senior Member

I made brackets for my Fisher controls and drilled them into the left side of the dash. Only problem is that I sometimes bang my knee on the SOB when I'm tired.
    But every service guy who drives it bangs his Knee all the time.

Now for the new Oversized Blizzard Box, I had a special center mount made and I had it mounted to the center console.
    Blizzard needs to make a small controller.

13. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I wasnt too keen on the idea of drilling through that part of the dash razorman, it is a good location though for your purposes

14. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

My controller is mounted to the left of my steering wheel. Works fine for me. :nod:

15. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Didn't have anything to do because of lack of snow so I thought I would mount my Boss controler a little better. This is a natural position so I don't have to bend down to reach it and my right hand is avalable to shift. I cut off the end of the handle by about 1.5 inches and driled a hole out the bottom to run the wire into the door. The plug is just under the controler in the door so it is easy to remove and replace the ford piece with a new one in the summer. cost about $5 plus a little JB weld, and 2 hours shop time.

Boss controler.jpg

16. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Ive got the fisher joy stick(not fish stick) and there was no way I was gonna drill into my dash so I plug it in when I need it and just rest it on my leg, and when its not in use, its gets unplugged, put in the back of the cab (ext cab) and the cord is tuck under the dash, so the is not trace of the controller.
    James

17. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Not as fancy as some of your ideas but here is my truck

[​IMG]

18. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I have it velcro'd to the seat next to my right leg. No reaching or lifting the arm unless shifting

19. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I leave it loose and unplug it when not in use.

20. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

in my last truck i had the controller mounted on the right. this truck i mounted it on the left so i can shift and operate the plow at the same time.

DSCF2699.jpg