1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where did u mount the joystick on your Tacoma

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by BD1, Nov 30, 2013.

1. BD1

BD1 Member

Looking for some ideas or options.

2. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

If your getting the joystick control, people usually mount it to the left of the steering wheel on the panel just below it. I you have a fisher plow look into the Fish-stick control, its a handheld control, I love it, but mount it where ever you feel most comfortable with it.

3. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

I presume 2005 or newer Tacoma? One of the issues you might find in mounting it to the left, is a tight fit between the dash panel and your knees. I don't use a joystick controller, rather flush mounted push-button rocker switches. I took out the coin tray from the left knee area, made an aluminum plate to fit in the space it came from, and mounted my switches flush into that plate.

Arctic's "standard controller" (middle of page 2: http://www.arcticsnowplows.com/english/prod_sheets/sd-p.pdf) sticks out about an inch and a half or 2 inches. I basically just moved its components onto a flush panel.