1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where did the snow go?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by landcare pa, Jan 7, 2006.

1. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

what happen to all te snow? Is anyone getting any? And if so where.
  2. dirtwork

dirtwork Member
    from ohio

here in central ohio we hit 60 last week:gunsfiring:
  3. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

Oh, sorry I thought I heard someone mention Global Warming.........:angry:

Need snow..

4. addicted

addicted Senior Member

I'm looking at it like this: IT's time to make sure that everything is ready to go when it does snow. 4 or 5 times a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    At least we still have 3 months where we can expect some snow.
  5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Here in Northern, NJ, we've only had 3 total snow's, and only 2 of them were really plowable. We need to get a real dumping soon (10"+). Long term forecasts are are calling for lots more snow towards the end of January, and into the rest of winter, let's hope so!
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

We got a whopping 1.5" yesterday/last night... salted one lousy parking lot. :realmad:
  7. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Every time we purchase serious new snow equipment we get a lame winter! We purchased a $ 4400. snowblower in october, although that isin't so bad, the real issue is that snowblower attaches to a $26000. KUBOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:
  8. racer67x

racer67x Junior Member

I feel your pain..lol
    got everything ready and went crazy first two weeks of December,then nothing.

bought my first plow because of the blizzard of '93.

hasn't snowed like that since,guess its kinda like washing your truck and making it rain :)
  9. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

How come no one else wanted it salted or plowed?

I got a few places that want it plowed and sanded at only 1/2 an inch (a couple gas stations and a computer place)
  10. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

Here is what I ask you to do.

Remove plow, plow mounts, etc... from truck.

Reinstall valance if applicable.

Wash the truck and summarize the plow.

Get out your summer mats.

Put out your lawn furniture

Move the snowblower to the back of the garage and lawn equipment to the front

Summarize the snowmobile, get out the motorcycle.

If we all do this, it should snow!
  11. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

weve only had 1 plowable storm the entire season , dec 9th, nothing since then, besides a 1 1/2 inch storm.....:realmad:
  12. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

We got dumped on Jan 3rd,18-20", 1/2" on the 4th, 1" on the 5th. I just finished cleaning up Sat afternoon. Needed to make 2 more pushes at the last job but a hose blew so I was done. Luckly it was an angle hose and I had the plow all the way up.

13. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

Not any better here in the Northwest, only snow is very high in the mountains, have not plowed yet, this is the lastest I have ever gone without a plow event.

Had some freezing rain in early December, so have only de-iced several times, got to hurry, around here by mid February the odds of plowing are slim
  14. NickyBombs

NickyBombs Member

Damn that Global Warming

Same here. Seems every year that goes by the winters get warmer. Oh Well at least we still got landscaping and sealcoating!:gunsfiring:
  15. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

all the snow is in japan they got 13ft of our white stuff thats where it all is
  16. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

warmer winters? i'm in ohio. last year in jan. it was colder than a well diggers ass in alaska, for the whole month. that was just after we got 18" of snow then it warmed up and rained, then got bone chilling cold and froze everything and my electric was out for 6 days strait!!! after everything returned to normal it went up to 65 degrees than plummeted to the teens and low 20's for all of january. did i mention in the midst of that 18" of snow my heater core plugged, and i spent 3 strait days with just enough "not even luke warm" air blowing out of my heater. needless to say i froze my F---ing ass off!!!!!!
  17. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

We were averaging minus 30 and lower "celsius" weather last year at one point. Everything goes in cycles....you get some winters with a lot of snow, then some with no snow. The way the world turns lol.
  18. sawbones25

sawbones25 Member

19. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

People around here just haven't caught on yet. As the US is a lot more "sue-happy" than Canada, it just hasn't become a mainstream issue here yet.

The one lot I salt on a regular basis is a large chain grocery store who has obviously been bitten once before. They have a basically zero-tolerance for snow and ice. I keep their local lot spotless, it's like my trophy lot!! I love how the neighbours on both sides are snow/ice covered, then there is a line and the parking lot and ALL sidewalks (even those that the town is supposed to be covering) are perfectly clean. Such a contrast.

Any of the others I salt are on-call only, mainly if there is glare-ice or freezing rain. I keep a 2" trigger on everyone.

Some lots here don't get plowed unless there is over 6" of snow. :rolleyes: