1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where did everything go...oh yeah south!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Man!, we've been with out snow for weeks now. We did get a little blast but nothing really to speak of. Makes me nervous, we just bought a skid steer for removal and we started out strong but its been sitting idle for almost two weeks now and nothing in the forecast.

Anyone need help with plowing or a loader PM me, lower states are supposed to get hit AGAIN this week and next! As I stated last year, wouldn't mind a little 3-5 hour trip to work a few days.

2. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Tell me about it. I went out Thursday for awhile and that was it. Sucks

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Snowing here every bloody day. Somedays (like today), nothing to speak of. Very little total accumulation so far but constant salt events. Temperatures the last few days have been bitter cold, saw -18*C last night before windchill. Only seeing about -5*C tonight. Just got in from my rounds, only had to do a little spot-salting. Got about 1 3/4 yards of bulk solidified in the back of my dumptruck parked in the shop--first time that has EVER happened. Not happy about that at all!

Is it bad that I'm already starting to look forward to April? :D

4. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

HEY, this is a no snow thread. Quit bragging....glad someone is getting snow. Haven't had a plow on since Jan 8th.

5. derekbroerse

Can we trade back and forth each week? :D

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I wish I had no snow this past week!

7. DERBYDON

DERBYDON Member

Haven't plowed since January 8th? I went three years, from 06 to 08 looking at the same bags of salt in the shop. By the time I used them they were salt licks!

8. Brian Young

Oh shut up! LOL,J/K I see Buffalo area getting snow every day it seems. When you get tired of plowing your million dollars worth of accounts give me a call so you can get a break.

9. Brian Young

One of the worst things is the stupid weather people keep saying "1-3 possible" every freakin' day. Do I get more salt, or let it go for now. I hate having 525 gallons on my dump...that's a lot of weight and I don't want to drive around with a pallet of salt in my other truck.

10. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I hear ya. This crap is getting old. All you guys that wish for snow, can come up our way and plow.

11. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

You girls must be crying all the way to the bank!!!!!

12. derekbroerse

Not until the customers actually send the check! First comes the whining about the high bill.... :S

13. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

You ladies must have stock in Kleenex, send em a sample.........LOL