1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can you buy carbide insert cutting edges

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by P.I.L.C., Dec 30, 2009.

1. P.I.L.C.

P.I.L.C. Junior Member

I'm looking to improve the life of my cutting edges on my plow. Has anyone used a carbide insert blade? Where can I buy some and are they worth the money.

thanks for your help

2. landscape1

landscape1 Junior Member

Never herd of them but with my experience with snowmobile carbides I would think they will be very expensive and brittle would probably crack or shatter if you hit a manhole cover, curb, etc...
    My 2 cents.

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Mills supply 134.00

5. P.I.L.C.

P.I.L.C. Junior Member

Thanks for everyones help. Happy Plowing & Be SAFE

6. lumps

lumps Senior Member

What I noticed the NYS DOT doing is just bolting an extra piece of cutting edge in a couple spots on the blade (like in the middle and the side, where they get the most wear from how the lanes are worn).

7. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

That's what I was going to do. Just weld an extra piece of 1/2 " plate or old edge on the ends. It would act as a half azzed curb guard also...

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I bet it's what left of the carbide cutting edge.