1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where Can We Purchase Driveway Markers?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by falconlawn&snow, Nov 2, 2015.

1. falconlawn&snow

falconlawn&snow Junior Member

Hello, I am seeking a supplier for fiberglass driveway markers. Specifically the kind that is used by large snow companies like Sky High and Worry Free. Thanks.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

3. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

I just ordered a small batch from Discount Snow Stakes from right here in Massachusetts. They look like a high quality based in the ones I have seen and at a good price, I can give a better opinion once they arrive.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

He's in Canada,so he might get a better deal up north.

5. superdutypsd

superdutypsd Senior Member

I get mine from home depot or lowes they have them in orange and yellow fiber glass, with reflective tape at top of them there about a dollar a piece, very durable and hold up and then every year just replace and add to the amount, they will occasionally break

6. superdutypsd

superdutypsd Senior Member

Best way iv found is to bring a screw driver and rubber mallet make whole with screw driver first and then put stake in hole and give a light tap on top to set in place security

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

8. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

I bought these stakes a few years ago because I wanted to save money. They are junk and I will not buy them again. They are super thin, hard to drive into the ground, and the worst part is...You can't effin see them. I dont remember them having any reflective tape on them. Can't even tell you how many I backed over.

I do not recommend the cheap plow stakes from angelos. I can not comment on their other equipment. If they have other stakes, I'm not talking about those either. just the cheapo 100 stake bundles.

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

They are thin, they can be a pita to drive in the ground with a hammer (I put them in a piece of 3/8" NPT steel pipe to eliminate flexing when driving in the ground) and yes there's no reflective tape. I have about 700 of these and they work fine for me. I also have issues with kids/punks taking them and lose about 10-12% a year so cheap to replace is a positive.

10. LewisLawn

LewisLawn Junior Member
    from ohio

home depot is a source bought a few this weekend...also found another local discount store Marc's sells a 6 pk for $3.00

11. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Discount snow stakes. We pay a little over $1 a piece plus shipping but they are a quality 4' stake with a large reflective top. I have bought cheaper ones and they were about a useful as a McDonalds straw. Just ordered another 100 as we ran a little short from our yearly order a couple weeks ago.

12. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

13. chesterlawn

chesterlawn Member

If you go to put them in and the ground is frozen, take a cordless drill with a long drill bit the same diameter as the stake . Piece of cake.

14. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Is there a coupon code for discount snows takes?

15. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Could not find any. Buy lots get a discount. :)

16. RandallJ

RandallJ Member

+1 on the 24" 3/8 pipe with an end cap... makes a great post driver.. I use the side of my foot to control angle of the stake going in the ground.. (just did about 100 of these yesterday in wet ground)