1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I rent snowblowers? VIRGINIA/MARYLAND/DC/PA

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hiringus, Feb 4, 2010.

1. hiringus

hiringus Junior Member
    from NoVA

Is there any big name rental companies or box stores that actually rent snow blowers?

I tried United Rentals, Sunbelt, Hertz, RSC all do not rent blowers. I am in a pinch any info would be great!

tony@hiring.us.com if you want to email directly instead of reply

2. leon

leon Senior Member

snow blowers

You probably will not find a rental company that has them due to the seasonal use issue versus the capital cost.

You will be further along buy a herds of the smaller 2 cycle toros with the power curve, I think they are still available.

the cost of these would be a quarter of most of the two stage units.

leon

3. procut

procut Senior Member

I would have to say you'd be better of buying. Even if you did find someone that rents them, they are such a minor investment, after a few times of renting, you would probably be pretty close to just being able to have bought in the first place.

4. hiringus

hiringus Junior Member
    from NoVA

Thanks for the tips. I do have two of the smaller toro 2strokes and they work great but for the amount of snow they are predicting in the area tomorrow night and saturday I'd like to have one or two larger blowers on board since I will being my boxtruck this round vs the trunk in my camry LOL (don't knock it till you try it)

5. leon

leon Senior Member

snow blowers

This late in the season I would run by one of the big boxes and grab a 42-48 inch Troy Built or Cub Cadet (in Camoflage- MTD built snow blowers)

as I am sure they will have a few sitting around

leon

6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I would get a few Toro 2450's, 3650's, or 210's. I have four 2450's and one 3650. Never used a 210, but they look good, and Toro is a good brand. They know what they are doing for blowers.

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I've used the Toro 2 stagers on up to 24" of snow. It's slower than 2" of snow, but nothing is going to go through deep snow too fast.