1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I get Salt in RI?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ABC Plower, Dec 30, 2005.

1. ABC Plower

ABC Plower Junior Member
    from RI

Anyone out there know where I can get my hopper loaded with salt (or magic salt) either before or during a storm? I'm in Warwick RI. I'd rather get straight salt, no sand mix.

2. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

there is a magic dealer in Mystic, CT probably 45 min from you. They do deliver. Go to www.magicsalt.com and look up distributors. Hope this helps.

Q

3. ABC Plower

ABC Plower Junior Member
    from RI

Thanks. I was hoping for someplace closer, but if I have to make the trip to mystic I will. This week looks rough...my front end loader is in the repair shop at the moment. I hope it's ready soon cuz I'm gonna need it!

4. nepmgmt

nepmgmt Member

i live in barrington if u know were that is it must be close small state. if im not mistaken don't we have the largest piles in the northeast. it may not be there anymore it was by the blue bug on 195 i think. don't know if it is for the state or what may wont to check it out

5. BOMBER

BOMBER Member

Thats where they stock pile the salt, at the port of providence off of allens ave, right from those ocean going super tankers. Then the 18 wheelers start hauling it away daily for months. wouldn't hurt to ask if they sell to any truck that pulls in?!! :nod:

6. nepmgmt

nepmgmt Member

ya it cant hurt im sure if there are no trucks there they will give u some. or if u have storage u can have them deliver. if that is what they do with it.

7. ABC Plower

ABC Plower Junior Member
    from RI

thanks....

Thanks for all of your help. I ended up going to Watson Mulch in W.Greenwich? They sold me straight salt by the yard. I wasn't the most economical way to go, but it got me out of a jam.

8. Acmemechanic

Acmemechanic Senior Member

R.I. Salt

The Piles in Providence Are on Allens Ave.They are listed in the Yellow Pages Under Salt.When I called About 3 Months ago The picked up Price Was $65.00 A Ton.They weigh you in and out.