1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I get replacement glass for 272C Caterpillar, besides Caterpillar

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by jsin607, Dec 21, 2009.

1. jsin607

jsin607 Junior Member

Anyone have any thoughts on where the heck I can get a used, or fabricated door for a Cat skidsteer?

For $1500 for the glass, I will just freeze. hah.
  2. Bill Rowe

Bill Rowe Member

Do you just need the glass? We had the glass replaced in a 236B 2 yrs ago for around $100. at Apple autoglass.The door glass is a 3 piece curve the 272C has the 1 piece curved glass door so i'm not sure a glass place can replace it but it may be worth a call, maybe there's an aftermarket supplier? do a google search as there are equipment wreaking yards also.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

There is no F'n way the glass is $1,500
  4. Bill Rowe

Bill Rowe Member

Check out post #14 in this thread............$1200 for the complete door/glass/lock etc. Don't know what the glass cost from cat is, only what we payed the glass place, which was around $ 100. to replace the door glass in a 236B.