1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can i get Quanza huts for a bunker??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Mdwstsnow512, May 14, 2010.

1. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

im in Chicagoland area and am looking to a quanza hut for my salt bunker.

any ideas?

ive been looking and cant find anything that is not humungous or super expensive

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Isn't it called a quonset hut? ;)

Edit: My bad... I guess there is such a thing as a quanza hut.:blush2:
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Kwanzaa is a weeklong celebration held in the United States honoring universal African heritage and culture, marked by participants lighting a kinara (candle holder).[1] It is observed from December 26 to January 1 every year.
  4. NorthOfEden

NorthOfEden Junior Member

5. leon

leon Senior Member

salt etc.

FarmTek is another supplier as well as Coverit
    it all depends on your tonnage because you did not elaborate on your budget or desired shed size or if you intended to use mafia blocks for walls or if you have a thick asphault
    base for the pile and or what type of drainage you have etc.

If you want an old cement silo that eliminates the above issues then
    thats an easy fix :) and all you will need is 4 pedestal foundation with a concrete pad to use the old silo if you can have the salt delivered by pneumatic tanker, and simply use the existing silos clamshell gate to load what ever back under the silo