1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I get paint hardener.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Elite Property Services, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

I am preparing to paint my plow and I was curious where you guys got the hardner as I have searched this site and is highly recommended. Thanks
  2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Tractor supply, napa, carquest, etc etc.
  3. Elite Property Services

Ok thanks never thought of Napa can see it from here.
  4. stiffs_00

stiffs_00 Member

what is paint hardener ?
  5. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Tractor supply is were i would go. One pint of harder 11.99 and does one gallon. There paint is also very good goes on like glass if you spray. Than sand it down with 800 grit and buff it out it looks great.
  6. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I will 3rd the TSC advise, its cheap and works great!!!! I have seen some nice paint jobs with their paint, and it holds up better I think compared to normal automotive paints
  7. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

farm and fleet
  8. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

just like it sounds!

It is an additive that you put into your paint before you apply it. Just makes it harder and better for rough applications.

Just make sure it is the correct type for your paint. I'd say just use the same brand all around. That way you get the mixing ratios correct.
  9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Man I'm glad I looked in here. I usually go to the body supply place for over $20 a pint. TSC it is!!
  10. Elite Property Services

I have another question Ive got rust oleum enamel any suggestions which hardener I should use as I now realize there is different hardeners for different paint.
  11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

As long as its for enamel/laquer/oil based paints it'll work the same.
  12. Elite Property Services

13. dbduts

dbduts Member

I haven't used anything but straight paint but was told that one guy uses a conditioner you add to paint for rubber bumpers any ideas on this
  14. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you are asking about flex agent. it does the opposite. hardener makes it stiff.

flex agent makes it flex, not stiff.**

**insert fairly obvious lame comment here.
  15. dbduts

dbduts Member

I now that but he said he uses it because it lets the paint flex with the plow so it doesnt chip off ant thots
  16. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

POR 15, great product and won't chip. When I didn't believe the salesman handed me to metal cylinders and told me to hit them together as hard as I could. No chipping or anyhting. Nice product with all the durability you need.
  17. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

por 15 will fade when exposed to sunlight. works great at stopping the rust. $$$$
  18. dbduts

dbduts Member

thanks I think next year when i paint I am going to paint one plow with hardner and other with por15 and see what one looks better at the end of season