1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I get info/manual on Fenner pack?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by thinairflyer, Aug 28, 2005.

1. thinairflyer

thinairflyer Junior Member

Would appreciate any help in finding where to get info/manual on a Fenner electric pump/pack. I've searched 'Fenner' on the forums but no mention of manuals. This came with an old Western I picked up to replace my SnoBear.

Yes, don't laugh, I have used the SnoBear for three seasons commercially plowing two subdivisions of about 3 miles each, dirt and gravel roads. Only had to add plates where the angle pin was wearing through the frame. Also installed a heavy old grader blade cutting edge and it has worked amazingly well. Just getting tired of the manual swing. Didn't plan on any commercial work when I got the SnoBear, but demand got me started. No I don't lowball the established plow businesses. There is plenty of business for us all.

The Fenner unit has a white plastic fluid resevoir and the motor is in the horizontal position when the unit is mounted.

Also wondering if these are weatherproof units (solenoids)? It is about six years old I was told, but has seen little use. The control has 'up & down' 'left & right' buttons and a 'float' switch. It appears to be a universal replacement pack.

I'm particularly interested to know if there is an adjustment for 'down' speed.

Thanks, L D Walker

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Fenners are a good unit, unfortunately i dont have any manuals for them.

As for a weather proof unit, not really, but you could make sure that all electrical connections are sealed with grease and that you have a good ground point also. You might also want to make sure that you are using 2 wire coils on the valves otherwise you will get corrosion between the coils and the valves and end up losing ground.
    There is no adjustment to the drop rate but you can put a adjustable flow valve inline at the pump to help slow it down to a speed you like.

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

If I am not mistaken, Fenner was bought out by a company called SPX Stone. Try looking for their website. I bought one of their powerpacks brand new last year, but changed my mind and never used it and returned it. Looked like a real nice quality unit.