1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can i get a pump for a fisher?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Nascar Fan, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Does anyone aroud here sell them? I went to Napa they told me $154.00. Seems real steep for this pump,We have an old (1974) Ditch Witch 3210 trencher with an A320 backoe attachment,4cyl Wisconsin 30hp gas motor on it and i got a price on a pump for that(curiosity gets me) really wasn't that much more.Do they sell rebuild kits for these plow pumps? Mine gets real slow after about 8-9 lifts up.I looked on the older posts and did not see aything but i may have missed it.If it has already been covered just let me know where to find it.Thanks Everyone!

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

What hydraulic unit are we talking about here,belt driven or electric/hydraulic?

3. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

check E-bay they go cheap on there someimes

4. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

check E-bay they go cheap on there sometimes.

EDIT: sorry it wouldnt let me delete this one accidently posted it 2 times.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2003
  5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

6. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

You must be talking about the gear pump for the electric units. Either way there is no pump rebuild kit. In upstate NY we have a few different dealers. Go to our website and click on the distributor locater for NY.

7. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Yeah it is the gear pump for an electric /hydraulic unit.I will look on some of the sites that you guys just pointed me to. man $150. is just crazy for this pump.Are the pumps common to go bad?I think the plow is only 7-8 years old and with the exception of last winter it really hasn't been that bad to say overusage is the problem.

8. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

angelos has them for $125ish

9. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

You need to check the old pump and see if there is are scoring marks about 3/4" down the shaft of the pump. what happens is if there is a bad ground connection the electric motor seeks ground down through the pump shaft and the gears will arc against each other wearing the gear teeth down. A tell tale sign is black oil. If this is the case check to see if your motor has a dedicated ground stud. some of the older units used the boot bracket at the base of the electric motor as a ground. If yours is like that i would suggest buying a newer one with a dedicated ground stud.

10. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

$150 for 7 to 8 years of service doesn't seem too bad to me. Most truck accessories, ( starter, alternator, etc) start going at that time range.