1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I get a plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 1996Ram2500, Nov 15, 2004.

1. 1996Ram2500

1996Ram2500 Junior Member

I've checked e-bay...the problem is I'm strapped for cash right now. I have some items up for sale, if I sell them all I will have about $1500 in my paypal account. I don't think that's enough. Seems like ebay plows are going for about $2200 (plows hold their value well, esp. at this time of year).

Do plow dealers finance plows? I will buy one new if you guys think that's smart. If I take on $3000 (or more!) of debt, I will just have to hope for a few bad winters here in Northern Virginia.

It's a gamble because, I hate to say this, but "what if" this winter isn't that bad? If we have a bad winter like 1995, I'll be kicking myself in the a$$ for a while!

I could get a no interest or payments credit card (I get these in the mail all the time) for 1 1/2 years and finance a new one. So, is it worth it for go into debt to plow? I know probably won't make $3300 this year, but like someone else mentioned, it's an investment.

I ski and snowboard, so if I don't get a plow this year, I'll be hoping for tons of snow for you guys and my skiing!

2. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Check to see if you have a Blizzard dealer near by. I just put a new 760LT on my Chevy for $2565 installed. Not sure if they had a finance plan or not, I didn't ask them. If you buy one off ebay for $2200, by the time you pay for shipping I'd guess you could have bought a new one for about the same investment or close to it. I don't know, but good luck and maybe one of the guys on here have a used one they'd sell you...best place to start is right here.

Buck

3. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Been looking for a plow in No. VA. as well. The Blizzard dealer here says $3400 installed for a 760-LT. Maybe it is just a different market, but that is a $1000 difference.

4. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Last December I put a Snoway plow on my Jeep and made my money back the same season. It was $3400 with install. I put it on a 0% credit card for a year. Paid it off during the winter. So this year it will all be profit. Last year even managed 2 trips out west to snowboard. I can't tell you to get one or not, but that is what I did. I said "what if" a few years back and last year I said "F%*# IT"

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

PlowVA, good point. I should have added that the dealer here is probably going to be less as he's trying to get a good number of plows out there for exposure. Sorry about that, I should have mentioned it as I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking that my price was the standard. It is different all over, I did however just read a post not long ago where someone got the same plow for $2800, so like you say it depends on the area.

Buck

6. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Thanks Up North. Maybe I'll take a nice "little" drive up to Minnesota and have it done up there. Good excuse to take a trip, huh? Don't think the boss(my wife, in this case) will buy that one though!!! LOL

7. homey1

homey1 Member

Call around, ALOT! It can be worth a drive to save $1,000 or more Some dealers will have closeouts or nearly new used ones installed in the $2400-2700 range. Then put it on a credit card and make sure the interest rate is low. GOOD LUCK!

8. jonmcmeen

jonmcmeen Junior Member

Hey 1996Ram2500:

I just bought a full Fisher plow setup for my 1995 Ram 2500 for $1100 on ebay last thursday. Plow was mint. There are indeed deals on plows, you just have to be pretty savy this time of the year. I had been looking for approx 3 months before I actually came across something that suitable. :drinkup:

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you can buy a full plow setup from cpw they have a lease program with a 1 dollar buy out after the term is over