1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I get a Fisher plow mount for a 76 Ford F100?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fisher_f100, Jul 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. fisher_f100

fisher_f100 Junior Member

I have this Fisher plow
    [​IMG]
    and I want to put it on this truck
    [​IMG]
    The mount that is on it was made by a redneck with a welder and scrap metal.
    Does anyone have the original Fisher plow mount for this truck before they stopped making it or maybe can you make me one? ANY help would be great thanks!

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Check with some local junk yards and/or any known used plow parts dealer. They are around and can probably be had for around $200.

3. fisher_f100

Ok cool that's what I had hoped. I would be glad to pay $200 for the correct mount. I don't see why they would stop making a certain mount entirely but OF COURSE the plow I buy wont fit my truck unless I use a redneck welded mount or go on a mount hunt through junk yards. That is my luck for sure! I have already been able to find a few other mounts from different brand plows for my truck just not the one I need. I have until November/December to find one before I just use the crap one that is on the donor truck and just not leave my driveway with it until I can find the right one.

4. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I am sure you will be able to find one before winter. Like any vehicle part, they become obsolete and hard to find. You can't expect a company to keep making 30 year old parts, it just doesn't make sense. Good luck, they sold a lot of plows back in the day and I'm sure you'll be able to find one.

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i have 2 for 79 f250 if they will fit

6. fisher_f100

Well I know that the 79 F150 frame and my truck frame have the same bolt holes but I'm not sure about the F250. How much do you want for one? what kind of shape are they in?

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

good shape nothing wrong with them $150

8. fisher_f100

Morrissey I left you a message on your profile.

9. fisher_f100

ok I am getting mixed answers on if it will fit so I'm not 100% sure it will work. I will let you know as soon as I do. Does anyone else have any info on this or do you have what I need just lying around?

10. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

79 150's and 250's ARE the same BUT they wil not fit a 76 u NEED a 75-77 trk as a donor.which is gonna be REAL tuff to find.those trks are all crushed out :(

11. fisher_f100

Not around here. Also I have heard that the older F100s are a dime a dozen in Arizona with little to no rust and they give them away over there for $500 and under. I would like to point out that the 79 F150 bracket that I got from the guy with the plow when I bought it fits my truck perfectly. It was just made by an IDIOT! Its all scrap metal and crappy welds. I have been told that the reason the mount wont work for the 76 F100 from the 79 F250 is because the F250 has leaf springs in the front and the F100 has coil springs in the front. All this info was taken from a forum dedicated to 73-79 F series Ford trucks.

12. Mass4x4fun

Mass4x4fun Junior Member

I have a 79 F150 in the back yard with just the lower left & right plow frame on it. You will still need the push beam and every thing above the bumper. I am still using the rest of the plow on my wrangler.

13. fisher_f100

I have everything except the part that bolts to the frame. I need the part that bolts to the frame that has two places to slide pins in to hold the plow. It cant be a mount for a minute mount 1 or 2 plow has to be a regular or HD Fisher plow. Let me know.

14. fisher_f100

I can go and take a picture of the part I need when I get paid on Wednesday. It is the bad one but it will give you a good idea of what I need.

15. Mass4x4fun

Mass4x4fun Junior Member

I think if you look at your parts you see that there are 3 parts to the plow frame. Left & right frame mounting plates, and a push beam

"that has two places to slide pins in to hold the plow". This is the push beam and I don't have the push beam for you. It is a common part with a lot of trucks. The one you need should be about 29in long.

16. fisher_f100

Well I didn't know that. As I said before mine was hacked and welded together by an idiot. It is all welded together on mine not 3 pieces. So you are saying I can get that push beam from more mounts than just the one for my Ford truck? I know its really hard to find these parts and I hate to buy the frame mounts but never be able to find the push beam. Maybe mine can be salvaged? I will have to look close now that I know this. I just want to find this setup because I cant justify buying a second truck just to plow a few months a year. I already take up 5 parking spots around the house I don't need to take up 6. I also don't think I can afford another truck and the mounts for that truck before winter.

17. fisher_f100

Sorry for the slow reply my internet has been down and wont be working until the 17th so I have to take my laptop to work to reply.