1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I get a Fisher plow mount for a 76 Ford F100?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by fisher_f100, Jul 24, 2010.

1. fisher_f100

fisher_f100 Junior Member

I have this Fisher plow
    [​IMG]
    and I want to put it on this truck
    [​IMG]
    The mount that is on it was made by a redneck with a welder and scrap metal.
    Does anyone have the original Fisher plow mount for this truck before they stopped making it or maybe can you make me one? ANY help would be great thanks!

2. DEN54650

DEN54650 Junior Member
    from 54650

Find a good welder and a similar mount for him to modify.

3. fisher_f100

I was thinking about that. I have the hacked one. Maybe I can have one made from what is there.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

is that a lowered hyundai with rims??

5. fisher_f100

no 2006 KIA Spectra. That is my daily driver. the rims are factory for the sx model. I lowered it 4 inches, tinted it, put on a new spoiler and did some interior paint work.

Here is the cardomain site for it.http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2914379

6. sbt1

sbt1 Member

The thing is, the Fisher factory made those mounts with nothing but basic steel and angle-iron. And they were tough as a tank.

If you can find one, go for it and go with an engine-driven hydraulic system... soooooo much better than electrics!

7. fisher_f100

Well I already have a $700 Haldex HD electric pump and it works flawlessly. I have never seen a plow move so fast! I have a cousin who has a belt driven pump and he always has to rev his engine to get the pump going. I am going to stick with the setup that it already has. Why spend the extra money when it works excellent as is?

I hope to find the factory mount but I cant find the push bar. I found the left and right frame mounts. I haven't bought them yet but I know someone who has them. If only I could find the center push bar I would be ready to go. Winter is right around the corner and I'm getting worried. We get 6 to 8 foot snow drifts in our driveway. It only takes 2 inches of snow and a little wind to get those large snow drifts.

8. sbt1

sbt1 Member

So you have the plow only?

You didn't get it with the frame shown in the top picture?

9. fisher_f100

I have everything in the picture but it has a Heavy Duty electric pump under the hood. I can post more pics of it in a little bit. I am thinking about selling the plow but I know I will hate myself come winter if I do. The hunt for this mount is a pain in the butt for sure!

10. fisher_f100

11. fisher_f100

That pump has so much power it throws the plow around like a rag doll.