1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I find

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pilgrims' Pride, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride Junior Member

I did a search already but haven't found what I'm after.

I am looking for a light bar that has good spot lights/takedown lights on back that I can use when backing.

It's no secret that lots of plowing is done in the dark, (usually under the worst conditions)

Life would be much easier if I could see better.

2. tjp

tjp Junior Member

Hey Pilgrim, I use a Federal MX7000 lightbar fully loaded with takedown lights in front, take down lights on each side, and takedown lights in back they are perfect for use as lights to help you when needed for backing up. The whole lightbar and control box cost around $850.00 installed. If you need anymore information on lightbar IM or send me an E-mail. Take care and good luck plowing this season. TJP:drinkup:
  3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Probably going to have to go fullsized. Check out awdirect.com

I've got a Jetstream tow special and will set it up just as you are talking. Aslo look at federal signals website, very good with lots of pics and descriptions....and dont freak on the price.....I think they listed my lightbar for 200$ over what awdirect wanted. Just make sure you get something that is in their catalog....they will happily order it for you but if its not listed they probably dont get the volume discount on it so the price goes up
  4. szorno

szorno Senior Member

If you are on a budget like I am, then a headache rack, a mini light bar and a pair of tractor work lights does fine too. Weld a 7x14" plate on the top of the headache rack to mount the mini-bar to. Then use self-tapping bolts to attach a couple tractor lights to the bottom of the rack aimed backward. Very effective and even if you buy the headache rack costs under $300.:waving:
  5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Regardles if you go full lightbar or mini brake lights/turnsignals can be a nice addition(quite a few fullsized bars have em) and I would only mount the bar to a headache rack. I built one but they can be purchased. I dont want anything screwing up my paint or drilling holes or those goofy looking window channle brackets. Plus if you go undersomething and get your light ripped of it aint going to fubar your roof. JMO

And with the wiring I am going through a trailer plug hooked onto my headache rack so I can easily disconect the light if need be.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

hey u might wanna check out galls.com they have a huge selection :bluebounc
  7. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict