1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can i find wiring diagram for a western unimount??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by SmokeEater5019, Nov 6, 2010.

1. SmokeEater5019

SmokeEater5019 Junior Member

I have a old western unimount snow plow and am makin the wiring harness work on my 1998 F150 the way i can! Does anyone know where i can find a diagram showin me what each color wire on my harness is suppose to control?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3. Lakelandracer

Lakelandracer Junior Member

05 1500 Ram Unimount truck side harness Diagram

Would you happen to know where I could get a diagram / schematic for a 05 1500 ram Unimount truck side harness? Any help would be great. thanks

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure it's a 12 pin harness you have before you continue.

http://library.westernplows.com/pdf/63813_091003.pdf

5. Lakelandracer

Well........ I have a 9 pin harness to go with my 9 pin plow. What is the difference besides the extra pins. And if so what do I have to do to make the 9 pin work if at all

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not a good idea to use a 9 pin on a truck that late. So really you have nothing and would need just about everything on both the truck and plow side. Be a good time to update to an Iso system....or a newer plow altogether.

7. Lakelandracer

How bad of an idea. Money is tight and I need to be able to work for this winter. Believe me I would love a new ultramount system but I can't afford it right now since I have to use a 9 pin system what should I do to protect my truck?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you wish to damage the headlamp control system therefore spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars fixing a self induced issue? Because that's the road you'll be on. The 9 pin doesn't keep the left and right headlamp circuits isolated, tie them together and the headlamp control module get very unhappy very quickly.

$600 would switch all the wiring over to the correct and current system but if that's still too much you can hack it up and trip the relays with a three way toggle. Just do not tie anything headlamp related into the truck except for the battery feed to the relays and a 12V keyed ignition source to the three way toggle.

9. Lakelandracer

Ok now you really got my attention!! So what you are saying is that if I use my 9 pin bad things are gonna happen. Then where do I find the correct harness for both truck and plow side? Well I know where, but where is the cheapest?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Try your local dealer first.

11. Lakelandracer

Thank you very much for the info. I will be diffently doing some swapping out in the next couple of weeks save travels and merry christmas

12. hitachiman 200

hitachiman 200 Senior Member

good idea, was just reading another post, fella went from a 10 amp to a 15 to a 20 and finally stuck in a 30. while plowing and now wants to know how to stop the smoke? but doesn't say what the original problem was. hhhmmmm....