1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can i find cheap hoses and fittings for Deicer rig

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Plow man Foster, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Ok well im looking at building my own liquid deicer i've thought everything out well most of it....
    I already have one rig so im pretty much just going to copy it!
    I am starting off with a 300 gallon tank it has a 3" outlet where can i find all the fittings i need to reduce it to a smaller hose i've checked home depot and they have like nothing.. i dont mind going online to get them its just i went to graingers site and maybe someone can explain to me why this ONE little fitting is $115

Anyone know a site where i can get cheap or even after market fittings?

2. Digger63

Digger63 Member

fittings and such

Try Dultmeier sales, thier online or you can call, the guy you will want to talk to is Mike Sall. he's thier tech guy.
  3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

have you tried surplus center?
    or maybe your local ag sprayer supplier?
    northern tool has a lot of adapters

Male Adapter — 1in., Female Thread Item# 5626
    Only $3.49
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Check Napa or some place that makes hoses
  5. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

not sure if you have a Tractor Supply near you but thats were i get alot of my stuff but i sometimes still have to order from dultimier
  6. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

where you located in Michigan?
  7. Plow man Foster

West Bloomfield Area
  8. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

9. leon

leon Senior Member

fittings etc.

The best place is www.McmasterCarr.com:waving::drinkup::sleeping:
  10. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Fleet farm is good for rubber hose, not sure if you have one near you. I buy almost all my fittings and specialty stuff from dultmeier.com , some stuff from northern tool......I NEVER use stainless or brass
  11. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Central Equipment in NY 800 706 5060, they sell Banjo brand fittings and valves, hoses of all kinds. We were looking for hose for our application truck, we needed 2 300 ft lengths, JD landscapes wanted about $400 each, we got em for like $125 from Central. SAME exact hose, same manufacturer.
  12. Plow man Foster

No offense to the other sites but i really like this site i just wish i could order online from them!
    **I cant take a trip to NY Right now AS MUCH AS I WOULD WANT TO!

Hey guys thanks for the input im still kinda lookin' through all the site havent really found a perfect one
    Please keep them coming!
    Thanks agaiN!
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  13. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

In my expierience if you need items from Central go to their website or look up manufacturers numbers, then call Jackie and ask her for priceing. They provide very good customer service and if they don't have items in stock they'll order and direct ship to you, if they do not handle a certain item they are pretty good about refering you to a source who does. I really don't deal with anyone else.
  14. Plow man Foster

Ok thanks i'll do that tomorrow!