1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I find a snow plow for 2008 Wrangler?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Activity Man, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Activity Man

Activity Man Junior Member

I would like to use a Jeep 2008 Wrangler to plow snow. Where can I go to find the equipment I would need? Thanks--The Activity Man

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to the site. :waving:

We make excellent plows for Jeep Wrangler applications. Check us out at http://www.snoway.com . Our 22 series would be the recommended model for your Jeep. Built right here in WI.

Do some searches here in the Jeep and also Sno-Way forums and see what people have to say about our plows.

3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Check any of the manufacture brands listed at the top of this site.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Curtis driveway pro, Western surbranite/fisher homesteader (same plow), blizzard 680LT, etc. I would stay far way from meyers and any down pressure plow system.

5. snow problem

snow problem Senior Member

Why, Just wondering why you say to say away from the Meyer of I guess the snow-way

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

You can purchase a Sno-Way as a gravity model just like other brands of plows available on the market. Hydraulic Down Pressure system is an option that is available to you if you decide to purchase that model. If you choose the DP model you still get to decide when to activate the sytem.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What type of plowing will you be using the Jeep for?
    Personal? Residential? Light commercial?

Makes a difference on what you want to buy.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We've installed snoways on many Jeeps. everything from an older CJ5 requiring a custom mount to the new 07, haven't done an 08 but they cann't be any different then the 07. Customer have done nothing but sing their praises. Their design allows you to use them with out the suspension assist many of the other plows require .

The 22 series is very popular this winter we've installed them on a number of Tacomas and Tundras, a couple wranglers of various ages, a Liberty, chevy S-10 pick up, ranger and Explorer.

The Dp system is definitely an asset, the 22 series SW plow with Dp back drags better then any other plow on the market regardless of size.

Most important when buying a plow is to be sure there is good dealer support available. No plow is any good when it doesn't work and you cann't get it repaired.

Do a site search for Wranglers. lots of guys use jeeps many have expressed their opinions.

JMO

9. mnormington

mnormington Senior Member

I got a sno-way 22 for my 03 wrangler and it works very well. The down pressure is outstanding for backdragging. I don't do any brand bashing, but if I were you I would stay away from the western suburbanite unless all you are going to plow is your driveway. It looks like a toy compared to the sno-way. The Meyer looks like a good stout plow but I don't know how heavy it is. Blizzard http://www.blizzardplows.com/products.straight_blade_sport.asp makes a plow for the Wrangler that I think looks good, comparable to the sno-way.

If you do put a plow on the front of your jeep, you will need to beef up your front springs. If you don't do this, your front end will drop a LOT. I did mine with a set of Timbrens http://www.timbren.com/timbren-application-guides/application-pdfs/JFJK.pdf. They are like a long rubber bump stop that assist your front springs under a heavy load like a plow. They hold up my plow real nice. They hardly affect the ride without the plow on, but with the plow attached you will notice a BIG improvement. They are quite easy to install and cost less than $200.

Good luck.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  10. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Do a search, type in meyers and read any post for about 5 mins. You will see how problemmanic meyers are. I work at a snowplow shop for a winter gig. I have had brand new just out of the box meyer products not work. 85% of our repairs are on meyer plows.

11. Lucky1

Lucky1 Junior Member

Buy Blizzard 720 steel plow, the snow-way looks like a kids toy and stick out a mile from the front end.

12. mnormington

Respectfully, have you even ever seen a sno-way? Kids' toy? I just don't see it. It's made as well or better than any other plow I have seen. Admittedly, I like the Blizzard as well. They are both fine plows indeed.:salute:

13. Lucky1

Lucky1 Junior Member

Yes I looked at all the plows out there,and was advised buy a indivdual who owns a snow-way not to buy one. (His cracked twice) The plastic blade.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

85% of what i sell is polycarbonate. Do not have excessive lexan replacements. when they do break one it's normally very obvious what they hit and would have damaged a steel blade. check the snoway site. you will find very few complants from the users, it's normally "a guy told me," " A buddy told me" or "I heard" the guys who use them are the ones to listen to.

15. Lucky1

Lucky1 Junior Member

The gentelman ask for advise, I have plowed for over fifty years with everything from a 10 Ft. Bradco to a 3 point hitch tractor blade and also had a 7 ft. snow blower. From my experiance and advise from the owner of a snow-way I personaly would not own one. Do you have a problem with that?

16. PA-plow-at-home

PA-plow-at-home Member

basher,
    Can you post pics of the Tacomas and Tundras with the plows installed?

17. mnormington

Chicks dig the Sno-Ways.

Before I got mine, I had a hard time getting women to go out dates with me. Since I installed the Sno-Way my luck with the ladies has improved drastically.

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm proud of you and glad you've had longevity.
    i have no problem with you making your decisions based on second hand knowledge, that's your choice. I was merely recommending he get the opinions of those who actually used the plows rather then basing his decision on hear-say evidence.

urban legends all start "I knew a guy";)

19. Lucky1

Lucky1 Junior Member

Do you beilive in GOD?

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:confused:Which one?