1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where Can I find a 4 way toggle switch????

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Figure8 Plowing, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Figure8 Plowing

Figure8 Plowing Junior Member

Hello,

I am new to this site but not new to plowing. I am looking for a 4-way toggle switch like Jon Geer has in his half ton Chevy posted in this thread (http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=79368) I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction I have a Fisher Speed Cast plow set up and I am in the process of eliminating the belt driven pump and cable operated valve block and converting it over to a electric over hydraulic set up. I was thinking I could use a fisher standard electric joy stick from a mm1 or mm2 set up but I would prefer to just find a 4-way toggle to make my own switch set up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

2. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Hi Jeff, welcome to the site. You are needing a joystick, not a toggle switch. I'm trying to locate some. Do you know what the amperage capability is?

3. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

you may want to check Mcmaster-carr

5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

6. Figure8 Plowing

Thanks a lot everyone for the help. I live in Newport, RI but I am originally from Jamestown, RI. I would say that the amperage draw would but about 20 amps max as the joy stick just needs to run the valve coils for left, right, up and down. This site has been a huge asset to me and building my plowing business.

7. Figure8 Plowing

8. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Beware that out of the box the Meyer stick does not have 2 contacts for each direction, only up and right. Down just has one for the float valve and left just as one for the motor solenoid. Depending on who's hydraulic unit you use you may need some wiring with diodes to over come this, for example if your unit runs only the pump (no valves) for raise, and uses valves and the pump for angling.