1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I buy this lifitng arm?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by AFM Contracting, Jan 22, 2007.

1. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

Where can I find the arm that the angle ram goes into (the one that has the chain attached to lift the blade) its a meyer classic mount and the piece is about 3" wide, it has 2 hooks for the chain. mine isnt holding even, the chain is always loose on one side.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

i have to subscribe to see it. how much is pricey... i might just make something

4. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I just looked, its like 125 bucks...

5. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

well then in that case i think ill make something

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry about that AFM. I forgot Central parts block's their website in the winter time unless you have an account set up. Kinda dumb IMO. What is actually wrong with your that you wanted to replace it? If the chain slot's are worn you can weld the bottom of the slots and and true them up with a die grinder. Fixed some that way.

7. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

What are you looking for ? A lift arm? if it is 3" wide must be for Diamond?
    I probly have it used just need to know what you need thanks

8. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

here this is what it is..

812000040_snowplowparts.jpg

9. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

must not be a classic as originally stated

10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Right,since it uses the wide duel lift chain style arm it's gotta be an older Diamond "pull away" lift frame. Meyer didn't invent the Classic mount themselves.Diamond already had it when Meyer bought them out, Diamond called them a "pull away". Then Meyer just used it on their own plow's and called it an "EZ mount".

12. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

right BNC Services, thats exactly what it looks like. mine is bent and it dosent hold the plow evenly, one side is always loose. I also think the two pieces that hold it on are ovaled out. Storks Auto, if you think you have one what sipping approx to canada? I will call you tomorrow.

13. heliski989

heliski989 Member
    from mi

twist em

if that is the only problem than all you have to do is twist the chain to match. preaty simple... better than spending 125 also

14. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

no its a little more complicated... i could have come up with that on my own. the bolt holes are ovaled out so it will not sit level. that can be fixed by welding new tabs but the lift arm is bent also so I might as well do it all at once.

15. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

16. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Sorry for the delay on the reply we have them for $40 + shipping