1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I buy thick/stiff rubber?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Camden, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Looking to buy the same kind of rubber that is used on the edges of Boss and Western wings. It's about 2" thick and very stiff.

If you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

ussmileyflag tymusic
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Try a truck supply store. A place that sells Semi parts.
    You might find a place that sells conveyor belting may have it.
  3. bula_1984

bula_1984 Member

Depends what part of MN you are in. Applied technologies has a bunch of different rubbers and belting that you can get. You might want to try them. http://applied.findlocation.com/ Type in your zip and find out where the nearest dealer is. Hope this helps
  4. MIwinter

MIwinter Member

I would try a local co-op, seed corn company or foundry most have old conveyer belts laying around for the taking. What size do you want/need?
  5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks a lot! There's a place in St. Cloud and I go through there all the time. I'm actually going to be there tomorrow so I'll stop in if they're open.

Not big at all. I'd like a half dozen pieces that are 14" x 14" x 2"
  6. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

Just curious what are you needing these for?
  7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The side shields on my pull plow are junk and I want to make new ones. The shields that came from the factory just aren't thick enough and they don't contain the snow very well.
  8. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

Horse stall mats from Fleet Farm
  9. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

I have some gym floor mat that is around 3/4" thick very heavy and very hard to cut with a utility knife. If you think that it might work for you I could send some to you for free.
  10. willyswagon

willyswagon Senior Member

I use the conveyor belting used at an asphalt plant. It is very durable wesport and there always seems to be a roll around the plants.
  11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Any dealer for box pushers should have it. They just cut it off the roll with a skil saw.