1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I buy replacement rubber for my blade wings?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Camden, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I need to replace the rubber on my plow's wings. Last summer I bought the thickest piece of rubber I could get from plowrubber.com and it still flexes way too much. Under any duress the rubber just folds right back and lets snow through.

Anyone know where I could find a very rigid piece of rubber that will work? Better yet, does Western make replacement pieces?

wings.jpg

2. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Contact these guys. http://www.jerres.com/

Call them because they don't have it listed on their site. They can sell you chunks of urethane up to 2" thick. The urethane is unbelievably strong and Jerre is a great guy.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for the help. I sent Jerre an e-mail a couple months ago and I never heard anything back so that's why I purchased from plowrubber.com

Mark O also suggested I get what I need from Superior Tire (they make Polar Edges) and they no longer sell to individuals.

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Bump it for the night crowd

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i can get the one in your picture from western. i have others also.

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have a part #? I've checked several sites and I can't find anyone selling them.

7. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Subscribed

8. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

subscribed as well

9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I was able to get what I needed from Jim at ESI. Part # 67919 (Pro Plus Blade Wing Cutting Edge)

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming you ordered two?

11. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Ummmm....of course I did :waving:

(Hey Jim can you give me a call in the morning) :eek:

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You didn't honestly think DD was generous enough to give you two for that price did you? :D

13. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

:laughing: