1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where can I buy bulk salt in KC?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by slade, Feb 9, 2008.

1. slade

slade Senior Member

My salt supplier has shut me off. Looking for a place that I can buy bulk salt around Kansas city. Perferably south part of the city. I live about 50 miles south of KC.

2. slade

slade Senior Member

Anybody know where or who I could contact to get some salt?

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

ST louis is probably the closest place.

4. ohchit

ohchit Junior Member

WHO SHUT YOU OFF? Try All Right Rental in Raytown he may have some.

5. cod8825

cod8825 Member

We get all of our's from Konrady's Lawn and Landscape located at GSA at the federal reserve complex at the intersection of Troost and Banister RD. Get onto troost from Bannister and turn right on 92nd street at the light. Follow the road to the back of complex and there you will see a sign that has Konrady's number and you can buy it by the ton 75 a ton I believe.

6. slade

slade Senior Member

Thanks for your help guys. If I end up having to buy it by the spreader full I'll probably need to find some place a lttle closer to Ottawa, like Lawrence or Olathe area. Anybody know where I could get a spreader full around these areas. Still would perfer to find a 25 ton load of salt, but not having luck so far. Thanks

7. Tony Muto

Tony Muto Junior Member

Bulk Salt Needs

ohchit and cod8825,

Which cities are All Right Rental and Kondrady's located in? I assume it is in Missouri, right? Do you have phone numbers for these companies?

Thanks, Tony

8. slade

slade Senior Member

I do not have a phone number for either place. Does anybody on here have one? I was able to order a load of salt , but it will not be here till Feb 29th:( We are suppose to get some sleet snow freezing rain the next two days. If I run out in the next two days which it looks like a good possibility, I am thinking about buying some bulk fertilizer from the local coop. The only problem is that it is very expensive. I thought I would also try to plow as much as I can, where normally at 1" I might salt. This time I would plow then salt to try and save on salt. Any advice for me.

9. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

well if you can find it for 25 a ton lets the whole country know. Havent heard of that price in years for a ton of salt.

10. belton

belton Junior Member
    from midwest

rock city
    519 Blue Ridge Boulevard Kansas City, Missouri 64125
    Phone: (816) 965-6100 Fax: (816) 965-6200

11. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

He said a 25 ton load. Not 25 per ton.

12. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

I know i got a call today from my bestest friend he saw that too. I just so excited about 25 a ton. sorry

13. slade

slade Senior Member

$25.00 per ton would be sweet. However $38.00 per ton delivered ain't too bad either as far as I am concerned. I have another question for you guys. I have always had problems with my salt that sits from march to november becoming one big rock that I have to break apart piece by piece with the skid steer. Last year I had about 8-10 tons and it took 3-4 hours to break it up. I keep my salt outside tarped. What do you guys do to keep your pile of salt from becoming one big chunk?? Thanks

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  14. tom5301

tom5301 Member

what kind of price did you end up finding for I am thinking about getting some salt for next year

15. slade

slade Senior Member

I am getting this next load for $38.00 a ton delivered.

16. tom5301

tom5301 Member

if you dont mind were are you getting it from

17. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Slade, not sure where, but I had asked the guy I get my equipment from in Olathe a while back and he told me of a place. You might give him a call. Tom Diltz @ smitty's lawn and garden. He's a real good guy and if anybody would know I'm sure he would.

18. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

Since you asked us where to find salt, where'd ya get yours? Thanks.. all of us in KC, that need salt.

19. slade

slade Senior Member

I am getting this next load from North American Salt. It is coming out of Lyons, Kansas

20. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

did you have it contracted, or did you call the olathe office and work a one time deal? thanks, jason