1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where are the results?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by chris k, Jan 21, 2003.

1. chris k

chris k Senior Member

Any final results from the Magic test?
  2. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

If you read my Western spreader motor question in another thread, well, that's the spreader I used for the test. I had to plow that lot Saturday night for Sunday morning.

I can't really say I noticed a whole lot of difference between the test areas. All scraped up fairly well, given the somewhat uneven pavement. Somebody had suggested that a more fair comparison would have been to use the Magic several times over and see if it made a difference. That didn't happen. With the spreader motor failed I ended up spreading 400# of salt by hand. (And I mean by HAND--not by a hand spreader.) :mad:

I wasn't in a very scientific frame of mind at the time. I'll have to let the results stand as "inconclusive" until I get the chance to give it another shot.

BTW, I typed up a post similar to this one on Sunday and when I went to post it I got "The page cannot be displayed" back from the computer. I didn't really feel like typing it all over again right then.

I'll violate netiquette and cross post this to the original thread so it's available there too.
  3. chris k

chris k Senior Member

thanks for te results. sorry to hear about the spreader.
  4. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Ahh Man I hate when that happens. I have tried to make a habit of copying the long posts now before I submit the post and I still sometimes forget too copy it first and then it's retype all over again.:realmad: