1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where are the fuses located- and what kind?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mkwl, Dec 16, 2009.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

this is probably a stupid question, but for the life of me- I can't find where the fuses are for my MMII Fisher 8' straight blade snowplow. The manual says there are fuses, but doesn't say what they're rated at, or where they're actually located. I've looked all over in my wiring for the plow and can't seem to find them... Mine aren't blown, but I'd like to know what and where they are so I'm not pulling my hair out at 3AM when I can't get the plow to work...

Anyone?

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Go to www.fishersnowplows.com , this is Fishers web site, spend some time navigating the links of the website, everything you need to know about Fisher plows is here somewhere, to get an idea about your fuse locations go to the VEHICLE PECULIAR HARNESS INSTALLATION section and choose weather you have the three port or four port isolation module, do not confuse this with the three plugs coming out of the front of the truck, these are the plugs that go into the isolatin module.

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Did this already- 3 times actually, and I still cannot locate the fuses' location on my truck...

Anyone?

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Do you have a three port or a four port isolation module?

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

3 port I believe

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They're in the control harness. Find the control harness where it comes through the firewall and follow along it with your hand. You'll get to the fuse holders soon enough.

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Makes a differance.

4 port - on the harness from port 1, about 4 to 6 inches from the iso mod, there are 2 fuse holders stubbed out of the harness with red wires going to them with a black plastic cover over each of them. fuses are under the covers hiding from you.

3 port - on the harness from ports B and C, same thing as a 4 port but there is only one fuse and its hiding the same way as the others.

Happy Hunting.

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

A little illustration for you & future searchers (disregard the part numbers) .........

re.jpg

er.jpg

re.jpg

er.jpg