1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by n y snow pros, Sep 23, 2000.

1. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

When does everyone start to buy there salt for the season? Do you purchase by the trailer load ,10 wheeler, bags,or both,just curios who buys what.We sell salt as well and anyone who needs a salt contact can call us if they like.Being careful here as suppliers are not to advertise here so thats as close as i dare.
    John P
  2. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

We line ours up late October. Deliveries of salt to our location take 24 hours and we get tri-axle load quantities per delivery. We get several deliveries daily when it is snowing. We have a warehouseman that keeps tabs on what's happening so we don't run out. If an emergency our supplier can deliver on two hours notice.

[Edited by John Allin on 09-23-2000 at 10:44 PM]
  3. firedog

firedog Member
    from midwest

I have my own truck<semi dump> so I go get it on my own when running low. I still have quite a bit left over from last year still.