1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When your plow is off...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by SnowMan4U, Jan 29, 2006.

1. SnowMan4U

SnowMan4U Member

...do any of you guys have a light bar or something that you attach to the plow bracket during the off months? I really don't like that gapping hole at the bottom of the bumper. Would be nice if there was a cool chrome or aluminum bar with some lights I could just plug in.:redbounce

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i dont believe that there is anything offered yet. i do wish you could get a brush guard that would protect the front of a truck if you hit a deer. that way you just take it off and then mount your plow up using the same basic mouting system.

3. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Meyer does offer a bar to replace there plow mount in the summer..There is no reason you could not mount lights on it. or for that mater mount a winch on it and wire it into the plow controls.

4. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

ok i will call meyers to get one for my boss:dizzy: were do these people come from this is a boss link am i right

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Most BRUSH guards will not take the impact of hitting a deer at any speed over idle... They are just for looks and a convent place to mount some lights.
    You need a moose catcher to protect your truck.

6. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Ware do I com from? From a meyer background but have converted to Boss in the last 4 years. Sorry I didn't look at the thread I just posted what I know for plows in general. Many pardons vipereng2.

7. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

yea it aint no big deal with it being so slow were just looking for somthing to talk about but it would be nice if boss made somthing since they make some of cut the front up :cry:

8. SnowMan4U

SnowMan4U Member

Yea. Maybe with the slow snow season, I'll make something. Gotta cover the huge hole that's there.