1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When you have seasonals it's not suppose to snow.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Dec 28, 2009.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Seasonal means it's not suppose to snow.:realmad: Ended up going out about 5am got 5 inches on half and 2 inches on the other half. Snow is for guys who charge by the push!:nod:

2. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

:laughing: I agree, although you should at least make an appearance now and again just so the customer doesn't think about going per push next season.:D

3. grandview

They are per push,I just happen to take all the money and not return it, even if it don't snow.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm seasonal and I still want snow.:D

5. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

lol, i outsmarted myself with the way i have things arranged, half my contracts are seasonal, half are per push or per hour, so when it snows i make good money, but if it snows alot i make little on my seasonals

6. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

I have some t&m, some seasonals, some per push...but i love to snowmobile so let it snow. plus we do a lot of removal, specially for the local hospital so lots of snow is verrrry nice

7. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Hey GV I thought I wanted snow even with my seasonals. But I just put in 25 hrs straight although 3 hrs were fixing truck and having a bit to eat with the wife.

8. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I prefer seasonal.... with a limit!

9. Dave Jr

Dave Jr Junior Member
    from md

I hope it snows too ! This season that is .You guys confuse me . When you say seasonals do you mean that you have a contact with a person to snowplow thier driveway ? Im new at this and trying to pick up all I can so I can make some decent money .

10. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Dave JR

Seasonal is a set price for the whole season no matter how much or how little it snows. More snow is less money/hour, less snow is more money/ hour.

The majority of seasonal contract plowers want very little snow (there are exceptions and they are considered sick in the head :dizzy:), while everyone else wants lots of snow.

Welcome to PS and use the search lots. Try not to mention the word "salt" when posting questions...:D

11. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

We have a mixture of both seasonals and per push. we pay our seasonal routes labor out of the per push profit and look at all the seasonal income as straight profit. It helps that we still make out great per push.

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

See red boldfaced, italicized comment below

:laughing: :laughing:

13. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

O.K.....In politically correct terms I will say...:rolleyes:... JD is overly passionate about plowing snow. :D

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Whew, I thought you were referring to me. ;) :D

15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey, that's the way I have mine setup too.

I don't know how you guys get away with that.........

Seasonal usually means you plow all winter for a preset price. Whether it snow three times or thirty times, you make the same money for the season. Per storm/per push/per hour, is just that. You get paid for each event.

Both pricing systems have their advantages and disadvantages. I have most of my contracts on multiyear deals, which also helps smooth out the pricing/profits.

So far this season has not been too good. I've had to visit my contracts several time for a little plowing and treatment, and only plowed per push stuff twice. Probably going to make up for it this weekend though :D

16. redman6565

i always thought i was thinking backwards :nod:

17. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Overly passionate too are we? Or is it more for the snowmobiling.:drinkup:

18. redman6565

eh both, more snow=less time i have to get into trouble :drinkup:

19. grandview

Well, after I started this thread about an hour later the lake effect kicked in and another 6-8 inches fell with the wind. Plowed till 1am and finished everything ,then a band came through and put down another 1-2 so I plowed everything again and got home by 8am.

20. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Keep it up and you will owe your customers a lot of money.:D

BTW, countdown clock is broken.