1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When you guys undercoat your trucks

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Snowpower, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

With this product, doesn't it just create a big greasy mess that attracts dirt? Im not sure why you dont just have your trucks undercoated with Body Shootz or whatever.

And dont forget to spray down the undercarriage when you wash the thing. Not trying to diss the product but Id never apply a coating of vaseline to the bottom of my truck.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Undercoating that goes semi hard doesn't really do much and it doesn't creap into crevices. Iv'e been rustproffing vehicles myself for over 15 years. We first tried used oil but it made such a mess, then 10W30, then Rust Check, then Krown and now Fluid Film. I have also tried putting the black undercoating on with a Shutz gun and it just made the truck very hard to work on later, I didn't see any benefits. The key to rustproofing is getting where you can't see, this includes inside body panels, under hood and all the chassis. We spray all of our farm equipment before it's put into storage and all of our snow equipment. Who cares if it attracts dust. the dust and FF together actually create a protective coating that will be washed off in the spring. How well can you wash underneath your truck? This is actually the first fall I've used FF but I'm just promoting rust proofing in general. FF is competitive in price and doesn't seem to run or drip like the others. I manged to spray over 6 gallons of bulk this fall, so for less then $10 /vehicle using bulk and less then $20/ vehicle using aerysol cans IMO you would be stupid not to use it, taking into consideration the price of equipment. Sorry for the long post!

3. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Thanks for the response! :waving:

As far as collecting dirt, Fluid Film will never get tacky, so while you will get the intial dusting, dirt will not build on top of itself. John Deere has recommended our product on combine chains for that very reason.

Snowpower, have you actually tried our product? You might be suprised by the results. If you haven't, just shoot me a pm and I'll ship out a can for free.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Combine chains's, I just happen to have some of them to oil. Thanks.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Neither would I;)
    But, I too cover mine with ff.

Maybe you should try some for a season.
    Then give us your opinion.

It does everything they say it does and more.
    I don't really worry about the bottom of my truck getting dusty, do you?.

6. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

I've got a couple cans and like it for lubrication, and such. But I know for a fact it attracts dirt just like you would expect, and I dont have a problem with that but I wouldnt go coating the whole truck with the stuff.

I buy it at the local Deere dealer too.

7. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Yes I do. I could see spraying the shock mounts, springs, linkages and certain things but I like a clean undercarriage. My trucks almost ten years old and the frame rails look almost new. The factory stickers are still there and readable.

8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I can go take a pic of the original paint on the fame
    of my 74 sno-comander.
    Why? because of FF.
    Let's see of you will be able to say that in 33yrs;)

Yep, If I could dip the frame in the stuff I would:D
    If you wash your truck regularly and after every time you plow dust and dirt will not build up.
    Body mounts, brake lines, spare tire mount and hoist.
    seams in body panels, inside doors, lug nuts
    everything but the exhaust and radiator gets a coat every year.
    under-hood wiring

FF it all:D:waving:

9. Zack1978

Zack1978 Member
    from NJ

FF has been around for 33 years?

Zack

10. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Actually, Fluid Film has been around for over 60 years. It was first manufactured for the US Navy to help fight salt water corrosion.