1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

when will it snow ???!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sbvfd592, Feb 6, 2002.

1. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

here in greenwich ct i have bin out only one time IM starting to grit my teeth on the next storm i need to hear out at least 2 more times to pay for the new blower dose any one know when it will snow its time for me to start climbing the walls:eek:

2. PAPS Landscape

PAPS Landscape Member

we are about ready to start hoping for an early spring so we can get a jump on our landscape projects. It feels as though this winter was a complete dud.

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

It will snow next year. Or, maybe the one after it. :)

4. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

ya im geting reddy to buy a new mower im looking at en encore 36 inch and a buddy who had a old exmark 48inch might sell his if he finds a new mower so i will offer him 575 for his old one :cool: time to bust out the shades

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

We better hope for some more snow. I was reading in the paper today about the drought affecting the whole country and the East coast especially hard. Some cities apparently already have water restrictions.

6. mickman

mickman Senior Member

it definitely sucks, we are in a moderate water ban. however, it's still early, and most of us know feb. & march could produce a couple of nice storms. i won't be surprised if some of us aren't plowing in april... it's happened before...lol..it does look like we'll be heading out early for freezing rain. the almost never right weather channel is showing some storms brewing for next week, if we can get some of that nice artic air from Canada, maybe we can get something going.

7. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

This is the whole thing about the snow biz. You have great years like last year, and years like this year. This year we have removed and installed plow more than anytime i think in the past.

Geoff

8. RB

RB Senior Member

I hope the outlook is a little better than what I'm reading.

I don't know about most of you guys in the Northeast (except lake effect areas), but if you count on making big $ plowing in the winter around here mother nature will kick you in the nuts everytime.

I'm solo and believe me I'm hurt'n a little (only plowed once here in Pgh and salted maybe 6 times). I mow in the summer and I've been able to budget a little to make it during the winter. This is only my second year plowing and I feel that we will have winters like this most of the time. It will be an exception when we really get hit hard in the winter.

At least this Feb. is better than last year (salted once so far). I don't remember, but I don't think I did any plowing or salting last Feb.

Ron

9. BRL

Good point Mick, even any rain is most welcome. Northern NJ & the NY metro area is way below usual levels in the water reservoirs. Most areas are under voluntary drought restrictions right now. The only reason they are not at mandatory restrictions right now is because there aren't a whole lot of people watering their landscapes & washing their cars at this time of year.

I'd be happy if we could squeeze out half of an average snowfall year. But 1\6th so far sure does stink, especially with temps going back into the 50's again for the next few days. Boo!!

10. BRL

11. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

That's the article I was reading in USA TODAY.

12. jjdonovan

jjdonovan Member

2001-2002 snow season canceled

I just heard on the weather channel that the spoted the first palm tree with coconuts just north of ct.HMMMMM... maybe I can sell off the Ford and 9' western and start selling coconuts door to door...just maybe!!:D :D

13. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Where is that big pattern shift that was advertised 2 weeks ago??

14. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

well its is 6:54 on Thursday and not a flake of snow fell and said on wather.com earlier this week o well time for me to start to sharpen the mower blades its going into the 50's this weekend:cool: bust out the sun shades

15. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

well it looks like winter was a bust for us, I saw bulbs starting to come up today. We got to go out 2 times this year. Hey maybe if where lucky we'll even get a drought this year and the landscape season will be a bust too. :eek: Looks like i better start looking for some other kind of work, hey! maybe i'll be a weather guesser, that;s a pretty good job i hear :rolleyes: