1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When will it snow? yard pix

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Metro Lawn, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

You guys with 1 truck that are bummed because there is no snow... Think how it would be if you had 14 like me....lol pretty sad.. All ready to go, and no snow...

dumprt1.jpg

dcp_2365.jpg

2. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Yeah, but i bet they are all payed for,Right?

3. Metro Lawn

Yes they are. And to think, some people make fun of my old trucks...lol

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

looks like a nice view from the front of your house lol

5. Metro Lawn

That's not my house. It is an office for the owner of the yard I park in.

6. snyps

snyps Senior Member

Snow, at this point I just want to get out on my Jet Ski's if it is going to stay this way.

7. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

Hey i bet your sitting pretty right now on ford fields seasonal contract tooo!!!!:cool:

8. Metro Lawn

Lol, they are on a per service contract.. but I do have enough on seasonal to get by..

9. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

we've got 40 trucks sitting right now .I would be happy if they were working but at least sitting ,they dont break down.

10. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Metro them are some ooold looking trucks. BUT they are all the same color and they look like there in good shape.No payment = less worry. I went the other way lots of truck payments but no brake downs. you went no payments lots of brake downs. But you will have tons of cash to fix them since you dont have payments. Congrates !

11. Metro Lawn

I really don't have many break downs. We have a very progressive PM program. When and if there are problems, we can generally fix it ourselves because of the age and less computer controlled stuff.

12. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

do you have any pics of your fleet?

13. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I'm gonna take some yard pictures monday but I have some posted in my thread "finally installed plow on my new truck".

14. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Rub it in John, Rub it in.

Whats the almanac say? and/or what are your predicitions for jan-april?

15. Metro Lawn

January 2007
    1st-3rd. Light snow. 4th-7th. Light snow continues, then clearing. 8th-11th. Periods of snow most areas. 12th-15th. Clearing, cold. 16th-19th. Light snow, flurries. 20th-23rd. Clouding up, with snow developing. 24th-27th. Clearing skies, blustery winds. 28th-31st. Fair skies, then wet.

February 2007
    1st-3rd. Fair skies. 4th-7th. Storm from the west brings snow. 8th-11th. Accumulating snows Kentucky, Ohio, then clearing, cold. Clearing, much colder elsewhere. 12th-15th. Flurries, especially Great Lakes region. 16th-19th. Fair skies are replaced by stormy conditions. 20th-23rd. Some light snow/flurries lower half of Kentucky. Elsewhere, mostly fair. 24th-28th. Snow flurries, chiefly over Great Lakes region.

16. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Lol same here everybody has jokes about my old Chevy/GMC's. Whe the grass burns up in the summer, and it doesn't snow in the winter, I have plenty of money. The guys with 2007 F-350 or 3500's are out doing all kinds of stupid jobs just to maintain cashflow.

while I either sit on here or wax my personal truck (05' 2500HD) :) Each to his own.

17. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Exactly I don't have 14 more like 4, but it's rare to have any type of major break down. Most of my trucks either have a rebuilt motor or trans. before we even put them into service.

18. Metro Lawn

I generally see more new trucks broke down than old ones. Want a good laugh. Check how many '94 and up trucks are sitting in trans shops after a major snow event. I use these trucks because they are stronger than the new ones, not because of price or any other reason. I will put my trucks up against anything out there.

19. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

A friend of mine uses all 85-87 3/4 ton chevys he probably has a dozen but uses 7-9 of them and the rest for parts. He said its the only truck he would put a big Boss V blade on cos new truck frames are a lot weaker

20. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Metro

Your yard looks like mine.
    I have the same thing.....My snow business requires a lot more trucks than my summer business so I cant see spending 40k per truck for the extra dozen trucks that I need that are only going to run maybe 10-15 times a year.

We fortunately can handle almost all repairs and maintenance inhouse and stay very proactive about it.

Honestly having a mix of older and newer trucks, I dont see that the older ones break anymore than the newer ones. As a matter of fact the newer ones are down a little more because when they break they usually need to go to a dealer vs the older trucks that we can fix right here.