1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When will it snow in northern MA / southern NH?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Yaz, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I would have bet a million dollars that it would have snowed by now. Here it is Jan 26th and we still haven't got more than a dusting.:redbounce

Looking into a 15 day forecast I still don't see a storm in site..Any guesses as to when we will see the first storm?

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I would say mid February we get hit hard. Just as everyone has offically given up, plow stored away, mowers out, we get hit with three storms a week for the next three weeks. Hey, I can hope, right?

3. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I expect snow any day now. We already now the forcasters can forcast ****, so i take everything they predict over two days away with a grain of salt. Lots of near misses already.

4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Sunday. Ok?

5. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Sunday pm-monday am?

They are saying an ocean storm COULD drop plowable snow on the south shore, cape & islands, snowing as far north as boston. I figure around noon tomorrow they will retract that & explain why the storm missed us! Im all done on snow hopes, 44 days until we start spring lawn aerations, 20000 lbs of lime & fert in stock! To hell with winter, if its not gonna snow, what good is it? I was very close to buying a plow for my tahoe ( 2002 LT ) in december, my wife & i talked it over and decided to wait until we could see a decisive pattern of northeast storms!:angry:

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Its all about the jet stream. The way the northern arctic jet stream is dipping down over us, its pushing the southern jetstream (which we get the moisture for winter storms from) too far south and all the moisture that should be feeding into our cold air and producing storms, is exiting around Georgia and South Carolina. Until the arctic jet stream pushes a little more north west the southern stream can finally shoot some moisture up our way.......but by then itll probably be warm and rain LOL:mad:

7. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

Next winter:cry:

8. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Lets see???

Ok, It is February more or less half way threw snow season up here and we have about 3-4" on the ground hard as a rock now...We have friggin cold temps with no snow....-4 this morning with out wind chill!!!!
    If we are not going to have snow please bring back the 60 degree temps......
    Oh the next storm,Any Day Now!!!!!

9. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

just to back up what i said before....

jet.jpg

10. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

It's not looking good, right now, I'd lean towards saying never...:cry: :mad:

11. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Yeah I think this season will be a season of records. So far this year Ive plowed two hours for the town making me $130. Way off of last year, but at the same time no one should be too dependant on snow...With that being said I hope we get a couple good ones in Feb, maybe March, April??? Ofcourse I said the same thing the first of January.

12. plowinzr2

plowinzr2 Senior Member

yea i work at a fisher plow dealer and i was supposed to be installing plows but with this lack of snow our sales are way way down and we have piles of plows all around its soo depressing.

13. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

I hope soon this is ridiculous this late in the season and still have not gone out once yet.:realmad:

14. DeereFarmer

It snowed another dusting out of nowhere last night. I think we have .75 inches so far this year. It is amazing what a 3" snowstorm would do right now.

15. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Yep, we got another dusting overnite as well. What a joke. The forecasts says that there is a "slight chance of snow" for the next 4 or 5 days. Watch, we'll probably get a dusting a day for the next couple of weeks. :angry:

16. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I'm almost at the point of saying, I don't want any. let's get summer here.:dizzy: You can bet they the seasonal contract guys will be writing per storm contracts next year.payup

17. DeereFarmer

All 1" of snow that we have had on the ground for a week is gone! In the woods there is still a pretty decent amount. There is always a 25% chance of sun, 25% chance of snow, 25% chance of rain, and 25% chance of snow. I don't get why the weather guys can't figure this out. I can predict weather better than them. They say " a chance of flurries, snow squals, or light snow." That is really descriptive. I won't believe them until it is snowing.

18. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Now Or Never!!

43 days until spring. If it doesn't happen soon, it won't happen at all. The days are getting longer, the sunlight stronger, the ground is not all that frozen And daylight savings is substantially earlier this year! Please snow gods, let her rip!! :nod:

19. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

What about the possible storm coming Friday? Some say rain/snow? All I can say is that if we get rain after having all this cold air ill be pissed.

20. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Have you noticed the trend???

It seems every Sunday or Monday the weathermen seem to predict a storm for Friday or Saturday and then it doesn't seem to happen....I wonder if that is so they get people (Skiers,Snowmobilers,Fisherman) excited to book Hotel rooms for the weekend and then wham nothing.....