1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When will it SNOW for NJ, NY and CT?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mkwl, Dec 5, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

For all of you guys in the tri-state area, when will it SNOW??? This time last year I was already plowing!:cry: So far this year...nothing, not even a dusting!

Forecasters are saying it's supposed to warm up again after this week :realmad:...I want SNOW!!!:nod:

When do YOU think it'll snow (enough to plow)?

Is global warming to blame?...I'm starting to think it is!
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

we're just getting into December, still got plenty of time left. Besides, I haven't gotten my plow setup yet, so its cool with me.
  3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Relax dude. Some of the best winters on record for the Northeast.saw NO SNOW until after Christmas. This part of the country is always right on the edge in terms of temperatures. A little warm up might actually help shift the Jet and bring us some storms.

I could use another week as it is, we just started a retaining wall and I still have some firewood to deliver.
  4. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

It's late there because we got it early here! wesport
  5. KHB

KHB Member

Its ok with me too..lol I guess some of us just have too much on our plate to deal with snow right now.:dizzy: Probably be like last year. Nothing now then 10-15 inches then nothing for weeks then 12-18 inches.
  6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Im guessing we wont see any real snow untill after xmas this season. Im no weather expert but my extended forecast shows it getting near 50 again next week.
  7. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

miniumum 2 weeks. maximum 2 weeks, 3 days.......its gonna land right on xmas lol.
  8. deere-cat

deere-cat Junior Member

If it makes you feel better, you're not alone. I haven't seen a plowable snow yet this year either. We don't get all the lake effect snow that the west side of Michigan gets. Few days ago we got a dusting, but that's it.

Be patient. Lot's of winter left! :nod:
  9. BobC

BobC Senior Member

April 1 for April fools day!:jester:
  10. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Farmers Almanac calls for snow just before Christmas. Their perdictions are pretty good so far. Better than the weather man.
  11. daninline

daninline Senior Member

12. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

nothing coming thru xmas day!!
  13. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Where'd you get that forecast? Where are you?
  14. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

hes at location 4...DUH:rolleyes:
  15. addicted

addicted Senior Member

At least you can't blame me. I bought my plow last year!

Honestly, I have so much to do that I'm glad it hasn't snowed yet. Just be patient grasshoppa.
  16. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

yes im at 4. accuweather.com. nothing thru xmas :cool:
  17. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

So thats is what they say, i guess its comming in january
  18. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Well accuweather and any other can't reliably predict past 5-6 days period.

Second, the snowiest winter on record for southern New England was 95-96. First snow that year??? Christmas Eve and that was only a 2" storm according to my records.
  19. 06HD BOSS

Your right man. I heard the same thing on the news the other night. Ive got pictures stashed somewhere of that winter. HOLY COW did we have snow! The snow on the side of my driveway was built up to between 3 and 4 feet. That was a year of late season storms too if i remember. . . . man thanks for reminding me about that year, i always loved that winter season for some reason.
  20. 06HD BOSS

"April 10th 1996 -Last snowfall of the 1996 season establishes new snowfall record of 115.2 inches surpassing old record set in 1993-1994, by more than 20 inches."
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2006