1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

when will all the fun begin in western ny

Discussion in 'Weather' started by rdfenn3, Oct 31, 2014.

1. rdfenn3

rdfenn3 Member

When will we start getting snow dumped on us? I think the first push will be mid November

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

No.Still cutting grass

3. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

it's looking like we will get our first snow in mid november and then toward the end of november some more. they keep going back and forth about december, i seen one week it was going to be mostly 50's the first couple weeks then the next it said below 30's

4. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

The end of December would be good. I think it will be around late November.

5. G-chop

G-chop Junior Member

The long range for November looked like not much.

6. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

Still cutting lawns in central ny

7. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I'm hoping to cut everything one last time this coming week

8. gardnerll

gardnerll Junior Member

I'm done cutting here south of Rochester, I have been getting the plow truck all ready, I still have a ton of leaf cleanups to do so I hope we don't see much snow in the next two weeks.

Where do you guys get your extended forecasts from? and have they been close to reliable?

9. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

Grass is still growing good here. I don't wanna cut anymore. But if I don't cut it I'm just throwing away money.

10. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

All but finished mowing here, still trying to get cleanups finished up. Had 2" of snow here Sunday morning and supposed to have a little more coming Friday and Saturday. I use Accuweather app on my phone to get an idea on the long range. How far south of Rochester are you gardenerll? I'm about an 1 1/2 straight south from Rochester

11. gardnerll

gardnerll Junior Member

Hi SnowHill, I am near Geneseo about 30 mins south of Rochester, we didnt get any snow over the weekend like you did. I use weatherbug app and it said I would have to deal with freezing rain so I went out that morning to find nothing to salt (I should have known). I have an apartment complex I do in Geneseo (Walkways and Plowing)and it seems like it is the hardest place to predict the weather at they get a lot of lake effect from erie.
    Its my least favorite contract but also my biggest so I deal with them :)