1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When using pad radio cut out...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tilelayher, Feb 27, 2010.

1. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

I noticed when I use my meyer touch pad and raise it or go side to side the radio shuts off and then it will turn back on when I stop using the pad for a brief moment. This gets very annoying. I have a Ford f250 03' super duty have an E-60 pump. I have the wire that makes the harness hot hooked up to my fuse panel inside the truck. Is this wrong? I tried every fuse in there and no matter what it does this. Also the controller is always on meaning if I forget to turn the switch off on the bottom there's a chance I can kill the battery. I hate this, I wished when the truck was off the controlled had no power. What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do to fix these problems?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  2. broncscott

broncscott Senior Member

I noticed this weekend that I have the same occurrence on AM only

3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I'm not sure about the radio but I do know that you have to connect the wire to a fuse that is only hot when the key is turned on.

4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

one of my trucks started doing this last night to. i have really looked into it much yet, any ideas?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The first thing you lose on a Ford when there's too much power draw on the system is the radio. The plow is either drawing too much power (due to a defect) or something on the truck side isn't up to snuff such as the alternator, a poor connection, cable routing, battery etc. So some diagnostic tests are in order.

6. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

Where do I start? All connections are corrosion free I keep up on that. Whats next?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you're certain all connections and cables are 100% then the next step is to get an AMP draw test done on the pump motor or at least pull the end cap off and check it for internal corrosion, since it's an E60 and they're super common for corrosion in the motors causing a ton of extra power draw on the system.

Then a battery test if the motor checks out good and finally an alternator test. May also need more alternator if you don't know the current alts AMP rating a sit may just be too small for the job. Battery's fall under the same rules, bigger is better.

8. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

Trucks battery is originall i think its 600 cold cranking amps I'll check that though. I just replaced the motor 2 days ago on the pump with a new 2 post the old one was a 2 post but it was shot. Since I replaced it the radios been doing this, it did it before though just not as often. I guess I should have wrote that, solenoids also new.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Was the new motor an after market brand?

10. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

No it's oem.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I would still get an AMP draw test done on the pump to deem the plow side ok, and then move on to the truck side checking those things I mentioned. But the battery would be the first since it 6 years old. ;)