1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

when to start?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by allstarlawncare, Jul 19, 2010.

1. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

When should i start to advertise for the plowing season with handing out flyers and all that? I am in upstate new york. The weather here is so unpredictable!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Start now,it could snow next week there.

3. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

seriously when should i start advertising to residential customers? you are in new york so it should be similar

4. grandview

Driveways any time after August.If your in the phone book or internet you'll start getting calls next month. Fliers after Labor day and week after the kids have been back to school because parents are to busy getting their kids set up at school to think about anything else.

5. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

I usually put an add out starting in sept

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

And who said Grandview doesn't give good advice!?.....:drinkup:

7. grandview

I hit my head last night so things became clear for me. Then I started drinking, now I'm back to normal!:drinkup:

8. greenpastureslc

greenpastureslc Junior Member

I lol'd then thought for a sec, it's snowed 30 miles from my house in the middle of July before.

9. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

I think ya just gotta play it by ear so your efforts don't fall on deaf ears or blind eyes. I would'nt advertise till the leaves were ready to drop and that is a diffrent time in dif. places. Just my .02 cents

10. dumbyankee

dumbyankee Member

Any time is the best time to reach new clients. Drop a hint or hand something out when you are talking with a client about another project that you are doing or going to do. Never waste a chance on picking up new clients. Weed them out if there are payment issues. If they dont respond mail them something around mid sept. then again mid oct. Get out there and earn your clients, dont wait by the phone, you will find it will be a long winter if you do that.