1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

when to spray ff

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by gmcplowtruck, Oct 18, 2009.

1. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck Member

bought 2 gallons and sprayer but want to spray the underside of my truck but dont want it to wair off before winter when do i spray and how often to reapply if i wash truck often does truck have to be dry to spray first year using fluid film thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Give the truck a good washing first. Spray it down then. If you are rewashing washing it through out the winter it will come off. But the more you apply it the better it works because it soaks in the the metal.

3. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

EDIT: I glanced down to see half of teh threads are about Fluid Film, haha.

I have heard of people spraying ATF, motor oil, kero on the underside of their vehicle. Anyone else use it?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  4. grandview

I think that's called owning a Dodge!

5. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Upon further reading I see this is a Fluid Film forum, haha.

So is this the choice fluid to spray to keep things from rusting?

Has there been discussion of using oil or ATF cut with a little kero?

6. grandview

Yes,mill likes to soak down his 1979 ford F150.

7. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Who es mill? Is this stuff worth teh $74 for two gallon shipped on ebay?

8. grandview

FF is worth it. Mill puts old motor oil all over his truck.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You're killing me......
    Yes

Yes

10. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

it is worth it and i have heard of many concoctions like what you are asking and I say why f around. I paid way to much for this plow for it to not look nice and not rust so 74 is worth it.
    I use about 10 cans a year per plow truck. i go crazy with the sht and two gallons should last you. I spray it on wet but it prob works better dry
    wash it well at car wash get underside as clean as possible. then coat everything you can
    I remove my bedliner every year and spray my bed and then put it back. looks new and it was filled with organic fertilizer, lime, salt, beer, and deer blood.

11. timberjack

timberjack Member

I just started using it this year. Great stuff. I use an air compressor, and a schutz gun, that has a adapter to narrow down the spray so you don't just splat it on the metal.

I used to use a product we have here in Canada called Rustcheck. Also good, but over double the price, though the thin stuff, comparable to the "A" fluidfilm is scented to smell nice, so i still use that in the inner panels, so the cab will smell like cherries for awhile.

I did some experimenting, and found the fluidfilm A and AR in about a 50:50 mixture sprays on awesome, and sticks to the belly. So far, i've driven through several rainstorms, and am pleased at how it has held up.

12. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

natural green, thanks for sharing that!

timberjack- awesome testimonial

13. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

hey if it works I will say it. Make a good product and people just say well it works because it is supposed to and keep positives to themselves but if it sucks they cry for weeks.
    Granted There are plenty of products that have duped me and I will really say it then too. which seems to be the way of these forums, especially us plowers are a bitter bunch, too much salt in our blood I guess.

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

FF is great stuff. Everything I work with gets coated or wiped down. I pulled my 10' aluminum trim brake down today to bend a couple pieces. I spent a half hour coating every steel bolt, or lubricating every contact point.

15. joyofFluidFilm

Fluid Film is by far , an awesome product.

Here are some applications you guys can use it for, if you haven't already done so...

• Ice Fishing Equipment
    • Locks
    • Plow Blades
    • Salt Spreaders
    • Ski Bindings
    • Ski Resort Equipment
    • Snow Blowers
    • Snow Climbing Equipment
    • Snow Plows
    • Snow Mobiles
    • Snow Shovels
    • Snow Sleds
    • Undercoating of Vehicles
    • V-Box Spreader

Fluid film makes a great gift for birthdays, anniversary, christmas...etc..:waving:

16. grandview

When do the FF gift cards come out?

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Joy - it would take mulch less time to say what Fluid Film is not good for....

..Nothing!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  18. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Come on guys, you know there is a disclaimer list from Dano, that your not supposed to use FF for. If nothing is the correct answer, then why is there a disclaimer? lol

19. joyofFluidFilm

hey grandview....
    Fluid Film gift cards???? Hey, I gotta ask Dano about that....